1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Update: Minny Turns down Houston’s offer for 4. First rounders

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Butler is in play---in the sense that an offer is only final when a trade is made---, but consider the greater point:

Morey's offer opens the door to another team (teams) to trade "implied" star player for firsts and filler material.

Also Taj will be the next to privately ask for an out, not publicly, but privately. Privately enough that it will become public soon enough.

The Rockets are not in panic mode from an Ear. MDA expected growing pains, as he's said.

Ownership trusts MDA.

I'm waiting for more info, including several solid Ears to support info, but Rockets never fully expected to get Jimmy. They expected to be involved for parts (As I've said many times...parts for depth)

Again, as mentioned above, I'm hearing some good Ears discussing a Morey move for a "star"/ "starish"/ ""player=-to-put-you-over-the-top to trade for.

The leaks for these "4 firsts" may not have been intended for Jimmy, from what I was told.

They were the enticement for another team/ team(s) to bite based on the availability.

More as I can...

Please remember though, I NEVER promised Jimmy would be delivered and I always suggested that the Rockets were more interested in being INVOLVED for depth (Ant, Tyus/helping Wigs out in return for more depth). Also, I NEVER am able to promise any movement. Have I been able to tell you info well beforehand and information leading towards movement? Sure, but that's only with the confidence and intel of guys who speak from standing within the closest of vicinity to "changes" of infinite nature.

I can only report from what I am given from my Ears in the league (FYI: agents are always the best ears). I mention this because of the guys who want to flame me for any response to any transaction/movement rumors.

Cyber is your guy for assurances.He has a special reach that I do not...Respect that.
    _____

If* this ear gets the piggyback, Morey's card is better than a Jimmy Butler. It actually fits a greater need(s).

I don't think 4 picks EVER leave Houston unless Jimmy is the QUICK move. (That's just me) One Ear says Morey is dead serious on that type of offer, based on how close the team was to beating GS.

Morey isn't in panic mode, but he knows we need some help. This is a different point, which leads me to the following opinion of frustration:

WE MISS TREVOR ARIZA.

Everyone knows it. Period.

XO,

Cod

2. Nook

Nook Member

I’ll just put it this way. Woj broke the story and then hours later says he believes the Rockets have to include Gordon. He isn’t stupid, he was taking care of the party that gave him the information by spreading their message, that Gordon has to be involved.

Wolfson is reporting what he was told to report and nothing further.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Nothing, but we do know he hasn't been offered with those picks.

4. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

The Wolves would be some idiots to turn down Eric Gordon and 4 first round picks for a guy that will walk in 6-7 months

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Codman bringing the goods

Deuce, DonKnock and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. Rocketsfan3422

We are so lucky to have you. Thanks for a perspective that is very unusual to most if not all other forums. Always love the info you give

Deuce, DonKnock, jch1911 and 2 others like this.
  7. houtown

houtown Member

Ok, who cares, start Melo, revise what you got, and move on. They still got the second best team in the west, and they are just shooting themselves in the foot at this point.

8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It’s just what I would believe. I don’t think he’d offer EG AND 4 first rounders. Not that combination. May end up being wrong.

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. tc0330

tc0330 Member

preciate the info as always man.

DonKnock, hakeem94 and raining threes like this.
  11. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I get the feeling the one the Rockets really want that possibly Cod is hinting towards that would be a better fit is, Love.... don’t know why, just have that feeling especially with what is going on in Cleveland right now...

Not sure if he would be considered star/starish though....

12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I thought about Love as soon as I heard they were willing to put up 4 first rounders. But he can’t be dealt until January 24th so there’s a wait.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

2nd, 13th. Tomato, To-mahhh-to. :D

14. jcf

jcf Member

Am I missing an inside joke??

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

I said that a couple days ago in the 4 firsts thread.

Another team will jump in and take Knight, Chriss and the 4 firsts and Minnesota will be left with nothing.

HP3 likes this.
  16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

For who though?

AD isn't being moved.
    Love sucks

I can't think of another all star worth that who might be moved

17. bushies

bushies Member

Love seems like a decent read based on these breadcrumbs. But is he a better fit? Maybe for rebounding and 3pt shooting purposes, and for the guarantee of his contract vs a rental.

Still, perimeter def, playmaking (insurance for injury or when cp3/Harden are out, aka anything to keep the ball out of mcw's hands), and that oh-so-intangible toughness seem dire needs as well. Butler is a better fit in these ways, short of AD. While both seem to move us closer and thus worthy of trading for, I'm not sure if it brings us to last year's level, much less over a seemingly improved gsw team, especially losing bench depth in Gordon. If I'm Morey, I still pull the trigger (preferably with just picks).

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Gordon Hayward?

plutoblue11 and hakeem94 like this.
  19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It would make sense but what team will be in that position where they both have a star anywhere near Jimmy Butlers level and will want to build for the future. If you look at the list of teams there aren’t many (or any) that would fit the bill besides Cleveland and Love. A team like Memphis would love to have 4 future firsts and blow it up, but we don’t want Conley or Gasol (though Morey did love man boobs). Or teams like Brooklyn, Dallas, Knicks, Sacramento, Charlotte, they either don’t have an elite player or want to add to their young star, not trade him (ie Porzingis)

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah I was just saying as soon as I heard we would give up 4 first rounders, the idea of Kevin Love came to my mind. I think if we were on the right track and playing well come January (without a major trade), then it’s something we’d consider. The idea behind it would be we could have knocked GS out last year and we’re right back on track, why not add Love without giving up anything (Knight Chriss other salary fillers are all players we are not using).
    But the way we look right now, it makes it less worth it and less realistic. If we’re not a threat then we won’t risk our future just to add Love.