1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Red Dead Redemption sequel

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FranchiseBlade, Aug 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm getting it just for the fishing.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sadly this weekend I have a ton of household chores that need to get done. So I'll be drinking a few red eye coffees tomorrow night and staying up late. I might try and sneak in some time on Saturday during the day and then do the same Saturday night. I'll be lucky if I can play at all Sunday. So I'll be behind everyone else with the game right off the bat.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I have it pre-loading right now.

9 hour download, 6 left to go. I may not make it into work tomorrow.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm sure they'll do it at some point. I'll take a new game over a remaster any day, people are saying it might be Rockstar's best game ever, I've even seen some outlets claiming best game period.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Oh, I agree with you. But the first game was really, really good. Especially for its time.

I had the same "concern" about Ni No Kuni II. I love that it came out for the PS4, but if a remastered version of the first Ni No Kuni ever came out on PS4, I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Third-person games are on such an upward trend, starting with Uncharted. You have the Tomb Raider series, Last of Us, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Witcher 3, RDR and Breath of the Wild. My backlog is immense.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I need a PS4 for Spiderman damnit.

CCity Zero and Juxtaposed Jolt like this.
  7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

So can I trade my Xbox one s in to gamestop for $250 off an Xbox one x and then get an additional $100 off when I buy rdr2? Is the x even worth the upgrade from the s?

Ideally I’d like to trade my Xbox for a ps4 pro. I’d love to have mlb the show and god of war.

8. marky :)

marky :) Member

I know what i'm doing first in the game.

[​IMG]

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  9. Beezy

Beezy Member

Spider-Man was a lot of fun, which is something many games these days just aren't. It's also refreshing to play a game that's not dragged out for 60+ hours when it doesn't need to be. Looks great on a PS4 Pro.

seclusion likes this.
  10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

So, I want this game, but IdI have to hotspot from my phone to download it. I have no actual internet. I don't care about online, necessarily.

If I buy the physical copy, it will download from the game disc, and I won't need the internet, is that correct? It says it takes about 1.5 hours.

Thanks in advance..

11. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

You will be fine with physical copy. Install and play. I don't have the game yet so I guess can't guarantee it but I'm 99.9999% sure you can. My friend has no internet and buys and plays games all the time

12. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I got the physical disc and there is a day one patch that looks to download. It’s large as well. But, if you don’t have internet connection I’m guessing it won’t “know” there’s a patch and it will just install and play. You’ll just be without whatever the patch did (bug fixes, enhancements, etc).

My company I worked at the past 18 years just unexpectedly closed yesterday, so now I have something to play on my now more time off and drown my sorrows. Lol!!!

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I can hotspot for a patch, but don't want to download the full file.

Sorry about your job. Make the best of it!

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I don't know what the final price of the Xbox One X is but this game really makes it shine from the reviews I read (like finally justifies the price, at least per the review). Anyway, from reading it looks the best version is on the Xbox One X, because it can play this game at 4k where as PS4 Pro will play at 4k, but has to upscale from 1080p (for this one currently), giving the Pro a much softer look between the two.

With that said .. I think PS4 looks awesome w/ all the exclusives. So... I guess it depends on how much you'll be playing this. I mean apparently this is one of the few titles that really stands out between the pro/x, but with all the exclusives coming or out already for the ps4 Sony is doing a good job.

I might still hold out for a pc release.. I dunno, I mean even if I got the game, I doubt I'd be able to play. The game looks like a lot of fun! And a big time commitment

BigM likes this.
  15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, I got rid of my ps4 and then suddenly... It's like their exclusive games were looking awesome

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Same thing happened to me...I did it around the time Bloodborne came out and I've regretted it ever since.

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man! Yeah, I loved BB but did roughly the same thing, since afterwards it sat collecting dust

seclusion likes this.
  18. Beezy

Beezy Member

Playing on an Xbox One X and the graphics are pretty amazing. The amount of detail in the world is crazy.

Rockstar botched whatever upscaling method they're using for RDR2 on the PS4 Pro. Spider-Man, God of War, Horizon, Detroit, etc. don't have the same issues.

seclusion likes this.
  19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Playing on One X in 4K HDR is something else. Just got the Chapter 2 and once you get out of the snow the world is just bonkers breathtaking.

20. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

Red Dead Redemption (2010) looked better on Xbox 360 than it did on PS3. Am witness as I bought it for both consoles. Darn it, I only own a PS4 this genereation. These days I can't justify buying a console for one game. The PS4 will have to do.