1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steps towards success

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nemospl, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

First Thread ever. Don’t be mad if y’all think this isn’t thread worthy.

Discussion: What, realistically, can the Rockets do (internal or by trade) to get better?

My reason for thread; I don’t feel nearly as confident as I did last year. The rotation isn’t working for me. This is my thoughts over 3 games. I know CP3 out doesn’t help but they don’t look cohesive.

2. macan

macan Member

congraz on your first thread.
    everyone should be on the table except CP and Harden..bring jimmy b home and we go from there

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Trade for Jimmy Butler

4. delta69er

delta69er Member

I'd like to see how we do with Tucker in the starting lineup. He's the only player on this team capable of playing competent perimeter defense.

High Vibrationz likes this.
  5. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

Thanks. Do you feel maybe Chriss and Knight could possibly bring a positive impact to the team?

6. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

Tucker starts at the 4.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. delta69er

delta69er Member

Wow complete brain fart on my end..my fault.

amaru likes this.
  8. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

I’m concerned that with the way we look so far, the Timberwolves up the ante knowing we need him a bit more now.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

waive mcw
    never play fartenstein again
    only play melo against lower tier comp/matchups
    in 10 days trade chriss for a piece we can use

10. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

If we traded Chriss, I would hope we would get a young athletic big back as we need rebounding and you don’t want to play Hartenstein.

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Step 1 .... unfortunately wait . The sample size has to go up a bit . Players ARE gonn adjust to the system and the unit will flow better on both sides of the ball .... the question is HOW much better ?

Step 2 .... practice . MDA notoriously runs light practices ... and it's showing in Our lack of cohesion . I know you don't wanna tire harden / Paul out etc ... but it doesn't matter how much energy they have in the tank if the pieces around them play this poorly .

Step 3 .... if the problem hasn't seen significant improvement in about 5 more games make personnel changes . Knight should be available soon ( crosses fingers ) that's an easy one . Other moves could be Gary Clark over Melo . Hartenstein full time backup 5 . Green take all of MCW mins

In fact , I want Hartenstein as full time backup 5 now . He will limit wear on PJ , make it so that PJ can play more minutes at the forward position , and therefore reduce Melo and MCW mins .

Step 4 .... if the team still isn't playing up to expectations then that's where the GM has to step in and try to work a trade / pickup guys .

But the worst thing about this from a fans perspective is that there is very little you can do immediately. Players just need to play better , maybe coaches need to find a better scheme (which would take time to implement) , or find a different rotation .

The good news is that harden and Paul can pull us through games even when a lot of other stuff is off ... but we only had james tonight and because it was 2nd game of a B2B he just didn't have enough juice to go full nuclear

12. macan

macan Member

chriss looks like a weaker version of Capela so far..
    Knight is a gamble, he was pretty good when he was healthy back in the days..not sure if he can return to the peak form after injury..
    we definitely need upgrades to current roster tho.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

knight is nowhere close to being able to produce. right now he's not even practicing, and is already more than 1.5yrs away from having last played competitive basketball. i wouldn't count on anything from him till at least 2019

macan likes this.
  14. StrawberryJamm

In the Immediate, shorten the rotation and up Green and Ennis to 30 MPG.

15. LjGarci

LjGarci Member

We just have to wait and trade Knight+1 for Bazemore thats and upgrade

16. High Vibrationz

Great ideas,

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

get the ariza replacement asap. replacing mcw for a player that actually fits this team are starts

18. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I like everything except i would prefer Clark over Ennis

19. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

WHATS WRONG WITH THIS TEAM??
    1. Capela gets scored on more than my EX! Hes playing soft and small. no rim protection starts with him. We should've sold high on him, morey was relucant to give him a big pay day...this is why
    2. Ennis sucks on Defense, very low IQ with 0 fundamentals. gets blown by With ease. high effort is great, but needs to play solid D.
    3. MCW blows, guy shouldn't be in the NBA. doesn't need to be guarded unless hes driving for a layup.
    4. No fire with this team, tucker for some reason turns it up at the 2min mark during the 4th quarter, too late man..we need that 48min from you since thats 99% of the reason youre on the team.

Dont blame the team for not keeping ariza...that was out of our hands...15 mill is unreasonable. BUT We currently dont have a lock down defender.

20. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

We make the move for BUTLER