1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Offical] Astros vs. Red Sox ALCS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Regarding the Kemp catch, maybe I need to have my eyes checked, but I see a catch. The ball hit the top of his glove (but all leather) and rolled into the bottom portion of the mitt. The clang you hear is from the ball striking the glove into the wall. Change my mind.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

it didn't even graze the wall whatsoever. if anyone thinks kemp didn't catch that with glove only they need their eyes checked. there's plenty of replays and angles that clearly confirm the catch in slow mo or real time. doesn't matter

3. rdsgonzo13

rdsgonzo13 Contributing Member

Believe me, I thought just like you did that it was 100% a catch. Then I heard the 790 Radio Guys talking after the game and Matt Thomas said he clearly thought it hit the wall first and both guys mentioned the slow motion videos were all over Social Media.

Click on this link and scroll down to the third response by "Sean" in the responses. Expand then on "11 replies". Scroll down to last video by "TheU". It's a 27 second video and to me on that video it does like the ball actually ricocheted off the wall just before landing in Kemp's glove.

Hustle Town likes this.
  4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I agree. But another loss today and we might.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol its his glove that hits the wall clearly. get that eye doctor appointment on deck

a ball that hits off a wall does not come straight down into a glove with 0 directional change. but i guess there's people that have no common sense

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  6. rdsgonzo13

Agreed, but the alternative to Keuchel wouldn't ever have been Smith or Osuna. It would have been Morton if you set the rotation differently or a Bullpen Day featuring some combination of James, McChugh or McCullers...each of whom have been more successful against Boston than Keuchel this year.

7. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I definitely understand what the "no catch" people are saying now, but the video in the original tweet is far from conclusive. It's extremely hard to tell what is causing the panel to move on the scoreboard. It could have been the ball, but it also could have been Kemp's glove.

Sadat X likes this.
  8. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Our seats provide a perfect angle; in real-time, I thought it glanced off the wall. Everyone in my section that I was crazy.

While I think it was the right decision (there was no irrefutable evidence) - I can't fathom how they would've unraveled everything since play had stopped. Where would you put the baserunners?

9. rdsgonzo13

I don't think it's conclusive. It's very hard to tell. Going with the call on the field was definitely the right decision by the Umpires.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm obviously in the minority but I'm good with Keuchel in game 7. The moment is not going to be too big for him; you just have to assume he'll give up a couple early runs and have relief ready if his pitch count gets too high.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Clearly a catch. Mutiple views angles speed. Next

12. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

It went off the wall. His glove color and the scoreboard gave the illusion that it went directly in. The sound effect of it hitting the wall also is a give away. It also dents the scoreboard. Doesn't matter now though since we lost, but if the Astros won in a close game it would have been a big deal.

[​IMG]

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

what time is your optometrist appointment

Sadat X likes this.
  14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

We are NOT the father... I mean, NOT guilty

ALCS: Astros cleared of alleged sign-stealing violations after MLB investigation http://es.pn/app

MLB: No violations by Astros; 'matter closed' https://es.pn/2OxwzHG
    via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

Major League Baseball said it found no violations by the Houston Astros with regard to alleged sign-stealing during the postseason.

[​IMG]
    MLB scrutinizes Astros for shooting in-game video
    Major League Baseball is looking into an incident in which an Astros employee appearing to shoot video was removed from the photographer's pit adjacent to Boston's dugout in Game 1 of the ALCS against the Red Sox.

"With respect to both incidents regarding a Houston Astros employee, security identified an issue, addressed it and turned the matter over to the Department of Investigations. A thorough investigation concluded that an Astros employee was monitoring the field to ensure that the opposing Club was not violating any rules," MLB said in a statement.

"All Clubs remaining in the playoffs have been notified to refrain from these types of efforts and to direct complaints about any in-stadium rules violations to MLB staff for investigation and resolution. We consider the matter closed."

The investigation arose after an Astros employee appeared to be seen shooting video from the photographer's pit adjacent to the Boston Red Sox dugout in Game 1 of the American League Championship Series.

Cleveland.com reported Tuesday night that the Cleveland Indians filed a complaint with MLB about the Astros trying to film their dugout during Game 3 of the AL Division Series, and The Associated Press reported Wednesday that a second man attempted access to the field photographer's pit next to the Indians dugout.

Yahoo Sports reported Tuesday that Oakland Athletics players in August believed members of the Astros were relaying stolen signs during games and the team called to have the incident investigated. MLB addressed only postseason incidents in its statement.

The use of electronic devices during games is expected to be a topic of a wider discussion at next month's general managers meetings.

15. CrushCity

CrushCity Member

It hit the wall.

16. theimpossibles1

Bregman hitting leadoff tonight. I like it.

17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

@YOLO acting like an insufferable douche.

This is what happens when bandwagon fans start posting in here.

It looks like it hit the wall in the slow mo replays. Looked like a clean catch live. It’s inconclusive. Ruling on the field stands. Good call.

Didn’t matter anyway because we got rekt.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

its actually pretty common sense it didn't hit the wall and confirmed by vids.

you must be referring to yourself here if you need actual explanation

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

bi focals?

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

changes in the lineup.