1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Holic: "Anthony Tolliver was almost a Rocket a week ago."

CF: "Tolliver can't be traded until Dec 15."

Holic: "Exactly. A week ago, they were talking about him becoming a Rocket on Dec 15."

LMMFAO

Holic's tap shoes must be worn out, considering all the dancing he does around here.

#6561 topfive, Oct 14, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  2. macan

macan Member

time to shut down this thread, jimmy b ain't coming guys
    get ready for the new season

dragonwill likes this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

At this point to me (unless I’m not seeing something) ... EG/filler/picks, is as good as Minnesota is likely to get.

Seems to me that this might be more about HOUSTON not being too keen on adding Jimmy than it is about Minny wanting to give him up to us.

I see much of this spectacle from all parties about Jimmys next CONTRACT more than anything.

Unfortunate for Jimmy, teams like Brooklyn etc might be a little squeamish about a max contract for Butler too. What might become prevalent in the coming weeks is that the team with the best path to leverage the most money out of in a year might very well be Minnesota.

FYI- I don’t buy the bs about winning. It’s about winning on his terms as it usually is with star players.

Easy, Jontro, DonKnock and 1 other person like this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A wise observation.

5. Chamillionaire

This was in the previous newsletter as well.

King1, craguin, arabrocket and 3 others like this.
  6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Told Tolliver can't be traded until Dec 15th,,,we get this
    Did the same sauce who was wrong about the date Tolliver would be traded, correct the error and say Dec 15th, or was it another guy?

You know, only amateurs include recently-signed free agents in trades prior to Dec 15th deadline. It's not a mistake the legit sauces ever make.

See, this is what many are talking about. Giving an opportunity to say, "Oops, I was wrong. My source was wrong about the date Tolliver could be traded." You choose not to. cyberx and Codman will say when they are wrong about news. But, yet again, here you double down and refuse to admit your sauce is an amateur.

#6566 heypartner, Oct 14, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    Deuce, craguin, arabrocket and 12 others like this.
  7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Shameless.

8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

So now you’re trying to redecipher code words that have already been deciphered in order to try and Coopt a credible insider :rolleyes:

Deuce, craguin, arabrocket and 8 others like this.
  9. baubo

baubo Member

What value are they losing? Trading Butler for Richardson means they get to be 9-10th seed for the next 3 years. Why do you feel that is so appealing to them?

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Working the phones...

Deuce, hakeem94, Richie_Rich and 3 others like this.
  11. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Before the article’s print fades into the “you must be subscribed to this s*** to read it” gray area, it says that Taylor intends to keep working diligently on a trade to get Butler out of there.

I’m telling ya. October 31st. Even if it’s a trade a trois with Miami or Sacramento or whatever, Butler to here or to elsewhere, something to get as many draft picks in play as possible.

Or.........not.

Deuce, jch1911, malakas and 4 others like this.
  13. BackdoorHarden

ROFL. Classic 'Holic

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Because they'll get the 9-10 seed by the next season anyway?

I'm also not sure how you and hakeem are so confident they'll have a good ride this season if Butler stays, that's a toxic lockeroom if there's one out there, good luck in having a great season, just look at what happened with us in the last season we had Dwight here...sure, Butler is not Dwight, but KAT and Wiggins are not Harden, Ariza etc...

As for the value well, i don't know what assets are really on the table, but seems like at least Richardson and 1st rounder were offered, that's not bad value considering the situation, Butler will be gone 100% in 7 months so, you may not like Richardson, but with his contract and age he's a pretty good fit in Minnesota. Pacers took back what was considered bad value in Oladipo and Sabonis, look at them now...and think about what would they have if they would've hold on to George instead of making a trade...maybe a first round exit and a trash roster, which is exactly what Minnesota will be after Butler bolts for free in 7 months.

hakeem94, Reeko and DonKnock like this.
  15. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Didnt Cod literally say quote "Ant is Taj"

Richie_Rich, swoosh1014 and DonKnock like this.
  16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Damn Holic was just ended...
    [​IMG]

BallSoHarden, Deuce, Zboy and 6 others like this.
  17. baubo

baubo Member

Butler wants to be paid. Dwight was already paid and would be paid regardless. Also why in the world wouldn’t Minnesota be good with him? They were a disaster last year with Towns playing no defense and Wiggins sucking and still would’ve been the 3rd seed had Butler not be injured. I know people have short memories here but you don’t have to think too far back when the Wolves were easily a top 4 seed in the West.

18. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Yes.

Someone asked who Ant was and Cod’s reply was Taj.

Richie_Rich, DonKnock and mikol13 like this.
  19. basketballholic

Didn't give me any dates. Talks were a week ago.

There way deal may be reconstructed end if month or wolves may defer to December. You seem what happened today. Peace for today with future promises.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would love to get WCS from SAC if he's on table.

Stay strong Cod, we need you man. All prayers and best wishes sending your way.

hakeem94, DonKnock and jch1911 like this.