1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will not put Tucker on the table

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 10, 2018.

1. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

While I completely understand your point, my response is that the goal is winning a championship. If the Warriors had stood pat, I'd say we could beat them. But they added arguably the 2nd/3rd best big man in the game. If you are a team who wants to lose again in 6 or 7, stand pat. If you're a team who wants a legit chance to knock off one the best teams of all time in their prime, you make the deal. Anyone who knows what motivates CP3 should agree...he wants to win above all else. Adding JB gives us a good chance to beat the Dubs 4 times out of 7.

2. tc0330

tc0330 Member

well said. agreed 100%

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Neither of those players would be attainable with a first rounder. Not any first rounder of ours. Bulls are super high on Portis, I think I read somewhere that they’re going to start him and bench Jabari. Green is one of Memphis’ younger players. Why would either team trade them for a late first rounder?

Carroll would be a great buyout candidate but I don’t think Brooklyn will go that route. He could be traded and whatever team trades for him would buy him out. Most of the buyout candidates won’t be bought out by their current team; it’ll more likely be a situation where they get traded and then bought out, like Joe Johnson last year.

4. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

CP3
    Harden
    Butler
    Tucker
    Capela

6th man: Melo

That would be a stacked team!

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You're assuming CP thinks the team is better with Butler . We dont know what he thinks. We know he's very competitive , but he could reason his relationship with Tucker means better chemistry, more trust , etc and he may see that as better for them than having Butler.

When asked about the Astros recently , CP mentioned how obvious it is they like each other and enjoy playing together. I think he could've been thinking about his time here versus his last year or two in LA .

As much as Morey would like to upgrade, the priority is keeping CP happy and on board .

clutchdabear likes this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

I trust Morey to do what’s best for this team. If he knows it’s a 1 year rental don’t give up too much

7. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

I'm not assuming that, but common sense tells me that the Rockets wouldn't be openly in talks with the Wolves about a trade for him if CP3 or James had an objection to it or thought it would make the squad worse.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Oh I'm sure they'd welcome Jimmy, just not at the cost of trading Tucker.

Just look at last night's fight.. How fast did Tucker get in there to protect CP? Everyone else was trying to help by not getting in the middle of it ..PJ didn't care if he got hit.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Man, LOOK at PJ THICC here.....he is LIT on a HUGE possession to guard LeBron.

Moving his feet. Clapping. Ready to bring the THICC!

YOLO, Patience and Vivi like this.
  10. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

That was an awesome sequence. Tucker said “bring it on”