1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Imagine Fan Decisions driving Rockets front office moves...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coyotetex, Oct 11, 2018.

1. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

A model for fans to control the decision making process of a sport franchise is being tested right now:

https://www.linkedin.com/company/fanchise/ (disclaimer - I am in no way related to this company)

Imagine how this would change the landscape of sports.

The only NBA franchise with the balls to even consider something like this is the Rockets. There is no way they would turn over ALL decision making to the fans, but I can certainly imagine Morey implementing a system that allows fans who earn the right to contribute to the decision making process (by providing valuable insights into data, etc.) to become a sort of "advisory committee" to Front Office decision makers.

There is a lot of crap on boards like CF, but there are also some very valuable insights provided by fans. I don't doubt for a minute that Morey and/or other people in the Rockets front office skim CF for ideas. It's only a matter of time before someone implements a more structured process for leverage the collective knowledge and insight of the fans.

How cool will that be? :)

burlesk, Communist and daywalker02 like this.
  2. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Cool? Sure. Effective? No. It'll be an utter and unrelenting disaster. How can you post here and not realiZe that fandom is blind and dumb?

34to11, HakeemOnlyFan, CDrex and 4 others like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t see Morey ever doing something like this. Only a stupid organization like the Kings would.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Sounds very communist to me.

LOF?

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think Morey would be one of the last people in the NBA to advocate giving away decision-making power.

6. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

If the Rockets did this we'd have a team of washed up players with hot wives.

7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

do i get access to all the data Morey has when making my decisions? no. so this is dumb.

8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

If I get paid, I would contribute part of my brain.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I love it! Of course it wouldn't be totally up to the fans, but a few suggested ideas here and there are fine.
    Unlike some of you negative Nancies, I have faith in some of the ideas brought up on Clutchfans. There have been many times where I would see suggestions here and then weeks later hear a so called expert repeat it.

caneks likes this.
  10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lin is of taiwanese descent, they're the ex landowner capitalist pigs who fled the mainland not the mao commies :D

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Stopped reading after blockchain

napalm06 likes this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Honestly, would do better than 20+ of the teams' GM's. Heck, a coin flip would result in better outcomes than the Wolves, Hornets and Suns.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

In all fairness the roster would remain unchanged because all our trade offers would get rejected.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  14. Know Your Role

We would have drafted Harold Minor over Robert Horry.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

CUT CP3 DUE TO THE HUGE CONTRACT, TRADE TUCKER FOR BUTLER, SIGN DUVAL AND HOUSE! START BRUNO CABOCLO!! DO IT NOW!!!

YOLO likes this.
  16. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Kj McDaniel and Terrence Williams NAO!

napalm06 likes this.
  17. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

So we're just going to act like Morey doesn't already do this with Clutchfans? ;) We all know he logs on and reads everything we post :p

18. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

Top 10 worst idea of all time.

19. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

What people are missing is the section where participation is merit based. You come up with good ideas and suggestions or you provide good data and you earn the tokens that allow you to participate in the running of the team. You come up with stupid ideas and you get squat.

I'll give you an example - let's say you have inside information on another team's star player wanting a trade because you know his cousin. You share that with the Front Office and the info ends up being accurate and provides the front office with an advantage in pursuing the opportunity. You score a bunch of coins as a reward for good info.

If you provide a bunch of crap info based on innuendo and rumor, you get nothing.

The first guy can "buy" influence in team decisions. The 2nd guy can't.

It's genius IMHO.

coachbadlee likes this.
  20. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

You're the guy that chose not to invest in Facebook, Uber or AirBnB because they were bad ideas right?