1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Online News Articles Used To Be Decent, And Then They Did This.....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MystikArkitect, Oct 5, 2018.

1. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

These pictures of heypartner shocked ClutchFans. You won't believe what happened next...

2. likestohypeguy

25 secrets Jazz beat writers don't want MystikArkitect to know, but they can't stop

3. Agent94

Agent94 Member

I've switched from Chrome to Firefox. Firefox has teamed up with a company called Pocket that will recommend articles when you open a new tab. The articles in general seem to be high quality. I think they will only search and recommend articles from a curated list of web sites. Since I have started using pocket, I hardly ever see the click bait stuff.

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Usually I get a few seconds into step number 2 and then decide that I really don’t care that much and move on to the next topic.

5. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

My advice is:
    1. Use an open source operating system so you download your software from a vetted repository and don't have to worry about malware.
    2. Use ad-blockers and don't patronize news sites that block them.
    3. If you want a credible non-commerical international news source that has a strong presence worldwide, doesn't do clickbait, copypasta of other source without vetting accuracy, and makes an effort to avoid political bias, go with NHK. Eighteen languages, and in print, video, and radio. It's not perfect, and there might be more content than one might need to know about cherry blossom festivals, but it's probably the most measured mainstream source of news in the world in its effort to inform.

6. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Get my news via Twitter and Reuters.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

8. MystikArkitect

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Here’s a photo of a woman in a bikini being put in handcuffs to explain some new law in your geo location.