1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Braggs signs with Wizards

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by leroy, Jan 16, 2004.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Braggs signs with Wizards

Wizards sign F Braggs to 10-day contract

January 16, 2004
    WASHINGTON (Ticker) - The Washington Wizards signed forward Torraye Braggs to a 10-day contract on Friday.

The 6-8 Braggs appeared in 11 games for the Houston Rockets this season, averaging 3.1 points and 3.1 rebounds. He was released by the Rockets on November 23 as has been playing for Yakima of the CBA, averaging 16.1 points and 8.5 rebounds in 10 games.

Braggs played two seasons as Xavier.

Good for Torraye. I wish we would have kept him around in some capacity. He played hard and made some things happen. Shame it was the Wizards he had to go to, but it is still the NBA (sort of).

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Is Yakima a CBA dynasty? Every NBA player that comes from the CBA seems to have played for the Sun-Kings before...I guess because their nickname is two NBA team nicknames...

3. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Good luck Braggs.

I think you did well in Houston, too bad you can't stay in Rox any more. I rather have you in the team than useless Spoon.

Anyway, keep up the good work and play well except against Rox next time.

4. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

I hope he plays well and gets a long-term contract. He played hard every chance he got and I was very surprised that he was cut b/c he seemed like a Van Gundy type player such as Oakley and Mason. Oh well, good luck.

5. Toast

Toast Member

Glad he has another chance. He played hard for us. Who knows, maybe he'll join us again next summer.

6. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I'm glad he got on somewhere else also, he's a good hustle player. I still don't understand why he was cut so we could sign Ford who hasn't even played.

7. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

BTW, I still think we should pick up Braggs rather than Ford. :rolleyes:

8. SHANGHAi

SHANGHAi Member

I liked Braggs... why did we drop him and keep Ford? I thought that was a pretty unwise move...

9. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

LEE-roy! :mad:

[​IMG]

had to do that. sorry.

anyway... hated to see braggs go, but guess vg figured he had enough inexperienced players on the roster. what can be better than experienced players such as mark jackson and weatherspoon who are experienced and at the same time are familiar with vg's demands?

wish the best for braggs though. i can see he doing well if he gets the time. can also see him drawing a couple of charging fouls on yao.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Hey, that's my dad! ;)

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

i'm glad to hear it. i really liked the way braggs played for us. he deserves a spot on an NBA roster.