1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Love the Stros response to this girl getting told to ‘hush’.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by WhoDatStrosfan, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

that old lady is a straight up bish. reminds me of my 5th grade school teacher.

i totally get being irritated but when you are irritated in a public place, you should adapt to your environment rather than try to get the environment to adapt to you. It's micromanaging BS to try to control a public environment.

if you are irritated to the point where you would snap at an 8 year old girl, then you probably just aren't the type of person that should be at public sporting events. Do yourself a favor and stay at home next time.

edwardc likes this.
  2. rdsgonzo13

rdsgonzo13 Contributing Member

Did anyone read the twitter posts about this video?

A couple of posts claim the 8 year old girl was spitting over and over on the old lady.

Something is funny about the video/story. The mom claims to have been so busy taping the video that she didn’t even notice the old lady telling her daughter to stop it.

However, she only posts such a small portion on social media. Why only post this portion if you were taping your daughter for an extended period of time?

It’s also a bit odd the Dad asks his daughter to cheer and doesn’t respond to this old lady chewing out his daughter. He’s clearly right there.

It’s easier for me to visualize an old lady chewing out a kid about something like spitting at her than it is because she’s cheering too loudly.

Is this a case of an old lady being incredibly rude to a young girl or of a mom cleverly guilt shaming an old lady on social media? Next on the people’s court!

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

disability or no disability is irrelevant. old lady is a piece of **** who should stay home.

edwardc likes this.
  4. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

As the father of a 7, 6 and 3 YO I can say yes, yes they can be

msn likes this.
  5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Do you know for sure that this 8 year old girl was anything close to the level of obnoxiousness that apparently you’ve had to suffer through?

I’m not sure you meant to take it this far, singling out annoying kid moments only.

I guess I am from the standpoint that kids/babies really don’t have control of their obnoxiousness... and the level of social tolerance, especially at venues where it’s totally acceptable to have youngsters in, should be a tad higher than the norm vis-a-vis obnoxious disorderly human.

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I'm always suspicious anytime anyone uses social media to try to tug at the heartstrings of the unsuspecting public. In this case, the parents have obviously benefited.

likestohypeguy and Kam like this.
  7. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Then why go to the game.. stay home and cheer in front of the TV.

edwardc likes this.
  8. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL...

9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i'm not watching that video. i don't wanna get mad.

10. HTM

HTM Member

Because it doesn't happen most of the time... but when it does it sucks..

I don't think the answer to inconsiderate people should be everyone else should just have to stay home and avoid them... maybe they should just be more considerate of others?

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

My kid is healthy as can be. If someone who is not her family member directs anything like this to her, they're going to have an issue with me. If this b**** was so concerned, you talk to the parents, not the girl. So again, sincerely, **** right off.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

How about quit being a p***y and address it with the parent instead of the kid.

13. HTM

HTM Member

Ok... I don't think anyone in here thinks the person should have handled it the way they did...that has been made abundantly clear... maybe get some context before quoting me.

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Since silence is often taken as an admission of guilt, I would like to hear from the lady of this incident to get her side. It's only fair.

I definitely believe there are people using social media to prey on the masses to gain sympathy and concessions. I'm not sure if this is one of those cases but it feels a little fishy and lacking in details.

The victim's parent in this case made sure to point out her child had a disorder. And, we certainly don't have a full picture of the kid's behavior during the game that led up to this. The lady couldn't have known about the kid's disorder that would cause what could be perceived as bad behavior. Even the parents didn't reprimand the lady for calling out her kid. It just all feels a little off.

WhoDatStrosfan and boomboom like this.
  15. edwardc

edwardc Member

It take a low life piece of hippo dung to tell a kid to hush while enjoying a game.

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

She's a 8yr talk to the parents or just move around leave the kid alone.

17. theimpossibles1

Maybe...quit defending...this cranky old...bi*ch...

18. Senator

Senator Member

Agree. I have sat in cheap and pricey seats at Mmp. and never seen anyone act disrespectfully towards a child, especially for cheering or even booing. I've heard quiet comments by guys of all ages about younger girls in the stands, you get the jist, but never loud enough to carry and no shushing. Likely a one off incident and shouldnt stop anyone from bringing a child to a game (although I never agreed with the 9 month old babies in foul seat territory).

WhoDatStrosfan likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Very true.

So true.

All true.

But how did this actually go down? I'm pretty sure that's what the question is.

I don't personally care and leave me out of it, I've been on that borderline before, nobody ever complained.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The 8 year old girl said that only the un-athletic overweight guys end up at catcher... and the old lady fan had "enough".