1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Warriors break up, Rockets regression, next decade is Celtics as champs!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fish36floor, Sep 26, 2018.

1. theimpossibles1

So they DO allow internet access at the insane asylum!

[​IMG]

lw17 and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I haven’t, so I’m just basing this on what I saw last season.

Don’t get me wrong I think he’s good and prob will be an all star especially playing in the garbage star deprived eastern conference.

I guess what I don’t like is guys like Joel Myers who’s on NBA radio and calls the pelicans games claiming that Tatum is a star yet he’s not sold on Ben Simmons? That’s just crazy to me.

I watch both play and to me Simmons is the guy who looks like a future top 5 guy imo. He’s bigger, is the better athletes better handles better rebounder better passer and scored more.

Only thing Tatum def does better and most likely always will is shooting the ball from deep which no doubt is a big deal.

But when I watch Tatum he just looks like a 20 and 5 guy in his prime which is a great player but not future mvp too 5 guy.

I’m def going to watch him closely this season. I know the numbers prob won’t go up because Hayward is back but I want to see if he is the type of guy who demands that he gets the ball ober Hayward and kyrie like all these Boston guys keep telling me.

3. payaso

payaso Member

That Duke pipeline... Coach K gave the NBA Grant Hill 1.0 back in the 90s, and 25 years later he gives the league Grant Hill 2.0. And he gets to play for a genius young coach, with multiple All-Stars, and has Conference Finals experience in Year 1. Jayson Tatum could be fantastic for 15 years or more, health permitting...

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Its always been interesting to me to see who amongst the young guys actually get better year in and year out and continue to build themselves higher. You can weed out all the guys that are just a bunch of hype and just do enough to try and stay in the league. Simmons/Tatum are definitely part of that future core

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Forsure

You’ve def Made me want to watch Tatum closer.

I wasn’t sold on Simmons coming out of LSU but man he changed my mind quick after I watched him play half of this past season.

So I reserve the right to change my mind lol.

I like Mitchell a lot also that kid has the goods imo.

Not sold on Lonzo and Ingram (I was high on him at duke) I think those guys should have shown more with the opportunities they’ve been given that the others haven’t by playing in a bad team with no expectations. Although winning 35 games was impressive so maybe they are better than I think.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

This begs the question, who was dealt a worse hand, Grant Hill or Yao Ming?

7. lionaire

lionaire Member

His two-way potential is downright scary. First few games at Duke I wasn't too high on him. He was selfish and once he got the ball he was shooting no matter what. But then over the course of the year you could see he started to figure it out and showed improvement every game and by the time the ACC tournament rolled around this kid was in his effing bag. Witnessed the same thing throughout his rookie season. Just watch some of his playoff highlights. I was pissed when Ainge managed to finesse the 6ers the way he did. Tatum could easily be a top 5 player in the league once the Bron - KD era closes out.

8. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

Alright, who let the Celtics fan in.

lw17 likes this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

You could win a bunch of titles with the guys who suffered career-ending injuries in their prime:

Yao
    Ralph
    T-Mac
    Penny Hardaway
    Jay Williams
    Sam Bowie
    Brandon Roy
    Greg Oden

10. jayfree

jayfree Member

We all know how draft picks make super teams... just look at the Clippers, Bucks, Wolves. Those teams always win championships- it;s not even fair

11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

12. Remlap

Remlap Member

Wait, WHY are we having these conversations on a Rockets forum???

[​IMG]

lw17 and Sajan like this.
  13. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

potential is a 50 / 50 coin flip. I believe we have a place where people can go to talk about "other stuff". I suggest you look over the web site as it is policed for correct placement, etc. This is in the wrong place. or just go away.................................................................................................................................................

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I honestly thought it was a Boston Shill Simmons hot garbage take or soundbyte.

lw17 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey is still a Celts alumni and follows his former employer.

16. WestendMassive

[​IMG]

lw17 likes this.
  17. broteinshake

broteinshake Member

Not fast enough

Remlap, Pizza_Da_Hut and lw17 like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We hope the Worriers break it up completely and the Rox regress just a little but still contend.

19. lw17

lw17 Member

I guess Luc and Trevor were Andre Iguanadollar and Kawhi Leonard............Give me a break. I have have faith in these guys. Are you a Boston or L.A. troll?

20. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Okay, so what do you think Jazz fans are? Surely, they are worse, characteristically.