1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

This is what I assumed.

Woj, now at espn, ran with 3 teams. All huge top 2 markets.

Shams always stated 5-6 teams, and now woj is reporting 7 teams.

Seemed like media narrative from the start to me with the Knicks nets and clippers listing.

DonKnock, yixiixiy and Deuce like this.
  3. meh

meh Contributing Member

It's not about how much value he goes for it's about what the Wolves are looking for. If the Wolves want to win next year Gordon and Tucker looks attractive. If they want to build for next 3 years they'd probably want someone like Saric or SGA. The Rockets have win-now pieces for the Wolves but they don't have "grow with Wiggins and Towns" players for the Wolves.

glynch likes this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Everything I have seen says that Philly is not offering Saric. And LAC is not offering SGA.

I am skeptical in the Butler trade that any quality young high value asset will be obtained. Young assets could be moved, but might be of medium value.

DonKnock, D-rock, topfive and 4 others like this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

There is no reason for anybody to give Minni anything of great value for Butler even if he is a really good player. Butler by himself does not necessarily propel you to playoff contender, so why in the hell would you fork over good assets for him. The guy has plenty of miles in his legs as well, so he probably doesn't have many good years left in him.

That's the only reason I always thought that Rockets actually have a shot at this one. The fact that Tom is hell-bent on veterans not young talent is what makes me believe that the Rockets could get a deal done.

I honestly don't think it's wise to give up PJ along with Eric, just because that's two rotational players for just one (even though he is really really good).

6. cyberx

cyberx Member

Thx. Nice Avatar. Respect.

JB would not mind coming here at all ;) Rockets even engaging with 3rd team to try to make something happen. Morey is going to Taylor with plan A, B, or C.

Pick what you want.

-cX

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This confirms what @Codman said about Morey looking at 3rd teams if I remember correctly.

I am sure Morey might be dangling Chriss solely to a 3rd team to get an asset to be routed to Minny.

DonKnock, D-rock, Codman and 5 others like this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Live look at Morey working A,B,C

[​IMG]

DonKnock, D-rock and izeroi like this.
  9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Makes sense. That means to me that Morey may not be willing to put Tucker in that trade package. I don't think it will happen, but as always we know that Houston is always involved.

Thanks for the info.

Hoping at @ch44 comes out of the woodworks and gives us some info.

DonKnock, Hui, D-rock and 5 others like this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Sounds like Morey is including every possibility that Taylor would want. Probably one that will help with salary purging, too.

We'd need a 3rd team to help with salary purging, because we don't want to trade away Luxury d'Tax mwah Profit. @Carl Herrera

He might also be offering Zhou to someone who might value him higher than Minny....so, that 3rd team will fork-up some asset of value to send to Minny.

DonKnock, D-rock and Deuce like this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

More and more I am feeling that that is the case.

DonKnock, D-rock, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah, I suggested Morey could be doing that with Chriss.

D-rock and heypartner like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Get it done Morey!!! Let’s see how GS deals with CP3, Harden, and Butler. This might be our best chance to get a 3rd star while CP3 is still elite.

DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  14. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Can morey move Chriss now? I thought he had to wait until Oct 31st?

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Both Chriss and Knight can be moved now but just in a 1 for 1 trade.

On paper we could swap Knight with Dieng to help Minnie more, not sure we would but, just saying.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

My guess is the Rockets base package is Eric Gordon+Nene+1st.
    Then the Rockets explore 3rd teams with Chriss, Knight, Zhou etc for additional assets to route.

Because of the timetable and circumstances of this trade, I bet Morey is holding back PJ.

DonKnock, D-rock, topfive and 5 others like this.
  17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Ah! I was typing mine at same time, I guess. Hopefully there is a sucker who will take Chriss for something of value, like what we were still able to get for Thomas Robinson in less than 6 months (2 second round picks and Papanikolaou).

I'm less enthusiastic with Chriss approaching that, but think Zhou has definite positive value, as long as Bitmain will allow us to trade him, without pulling their sponsorship payments from Tilman.

DonKnock, D-rock and Deuce like this.
  18. pippsux

pippsux Member

Jimmy aint guarding all five positions like PJ and giving you instant offense. I watched him just like you did in the first round of the playoffs. Did I see something you didnt? The only way Im ok with bringing him on, is if we dont lose two role players who know their roles and play it well.

I dont get the hype with Butler, seems to always be some issue when he is there (Bulls, now Twolves) I mean not all we read is true but
    Playfully lusting after a former teammates wife (dwade)
    Might have slept with teammates gf ( ktowns)
    Ultimately if the trade happens, Ill root for the team, just dont think Butler is that good that you lose key pieces to a 65 win team that was an injury away from the finals.

D-rock and Little Bit like this.
  19. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I'd think DM would want to hold onto Knight if he trades EGO out. EGO & Knight are a bit redundant which is why we could painfully part with him.

I'd be all for trading Chriss and Zhou if it meant holding onto PJ. But what value are we talking about here? early 2nd....maaaaaybe late 1st?

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, in the end on similar circumstances Indiana for George got Oladipo and Sabonis, both were not considered exactly great assets at the time of the trade. Spurs for Leonard and Green (a solid 3&D) got Derozan, protected 1st and Poeltl. I think we're pretty much there with your idea, Gordon (Oladipo/Derozan), 1st rounder (Sabonis/1st rounder)...Spurs also got Poeltl but that's probably cause they also traded Green.

#1160 Vivi, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    Deuce likes this.