1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

Snow Villiers likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Y'all really thought Houston was gonna be on a list? :D

Nope, not even for a second.

(And no offense to cyber but OF COURSE the Rockets have eyes on what superstar may shake loose! That's Daryl Morey's nature. They checked in on LeBron, Paul George, probably even Kawhi!)

I'm fine with this news because I was with @HP3 @dkoune and others: not the biggest Jimmy fan but that's neither here nor there. Let's roll with the squad we got.

And when someone says they're Houston to the death, think Gerald Green. Maybe DeAndre Jordan. Not fake ass Jimmy Butler. "Houston? I'm not from Houston. I'm from Tomball. Don't say I'm from Houston. Just a kid from Tomball, TX." Gerald Green's favorite player err "hero" growing up probably wasn't that loser Tracy McGrady either.

MINNEAPOLIS — The All-Star forward Jimmy Butler comes across as the proudest former resident in the history of tiny Tomball, Texas. What he doesn’t advertise in his Twitter biography, but also doesn’t dispute, is that he grew up dreaming of becoming a Houston Rocket like his hero Tracy McGrady.

“It was Houston everything for me,” said Butler, who grew up in Tomball, roughly 30 miles from Houston’s city center. “Whatever sport I was in love with at the time, I wanted to be playing for the Houston Rockets, Houston Astros, Houston Texans. I was Houston to the death.”

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

This.

The only player to get traded to the team on their "wishlist" as of late had been CP3.

That turned out great, now if we manage to find the right package for the T-Wolves I'm sure Jimmy will end up regretting leaving us off his "list".

JoeBarelyCares and DonKnock like this.
  4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

So you're saying Butler is a TOF?

Why not? likes this.
  5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Shams: Lebron has officially signed to LA.

@The Cat : technically there can still be a veto.

Amazing optimism indeed lol.

D-rock, BMoney, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I appreciate the feedback about Otto Porter. I don't rate him that highly with his 26 M contract. The Wizards can get a good deal for him by the Feb deadline, if they want to move him. The buyout comment of mine regarding him, is unrealistic, I admit.

Mathloom likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

my responses

^^^ same applies to Morey. Morey would pounce on extend-in-sign at 5% raises on this $18.5m contract Bultler has vs signing Max. That's ENORMOUS Luxury Tax savings over a Max Larry Bird resigning.

I'm utterly confused. Why would Butler's agent call leaving contenders off that list a "Smart and Safe Play".... if he actually wanted to play for a contender. Contenders would drastically up their offer for an "extend-in-trade."

D-rock, DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is irrelevant if he signs an extension.

Did Shams correct his initial tweet that said "extension."

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

McGrady was his "hero". Says all I need to know. ;)

Lists three of the worst franchise in Clippers, Knicks & Nets. :D But not surprising.

Knicks we heard about with Kyrie.
    Nets cleared room for 2 max slots I believe
    And the Clippers in LA (Doubt he'd turn down the Lakers but who knows)

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I honestly don't know a Houstonian that actually resides in the city limits.

I'm from Houston (in my mind) but was born and raised in Alief.... Have lived in the Woodlands, Jersey Village, and Cypress over the past 10 years.

Still I'm a Houstonian till I die! Jimmy BS is just full of it... that Tomball sh** is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

clutchdabear and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  12. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

@heypartner don't waste your time. His theories when it comes to trading for these stars like Lebron and Butler are "Q Anon esque".

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

For those with The Athletic subscription.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's ****ing nuts LOL. Lived in the city all my life. Crazy ****. If I'm not 15 mins from downtown I don't know what I would do.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

smokescreen. "All three teams can create two max capspace next summer" lol and then what? Even if Butler coaxed his buddy Kyrie to follow him to another team, that duo (on either the Knicks, Nets or Clippers) still wouldn't push their respective team into the top tier with GS, Houston, Boston and Philly.