1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Cougars Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Chopped, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Poloshirtbandit

6 votes in the AP poll.

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

ipaman likes this.
  4. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

I said it last Saturday, again today.

Marquez Stevenson looks like a really good football player.

That is all. GREAT win today boys, if we can handle business in LBK it'll all be downhill, NY6 bowl here we come.

Madmanmetz and seemoreroyals like this.
  5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Not a watcher of UH football, so someone educate me.

How good can this Coogs team be, this year?

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

their goal is get into a NY6 bowl w/ Ed's Oliver's last year, which is very realistic if they take care of business

7. Poloshirtbandit

We have a somewhat weak schedule this year so we'll need to run the table and hope Boise loses along the way. Would be a bonus if UCF makes it to the AAC Championship game.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

I think this team can get to the championship series if they run the table because they have the hype of Ed Oliver. There is no way in my opinion that they don't put the best player into the championship series. It would be considered a travesty. The good news is that ABC was there to see Oliver, and they seen it. So that helped. UH doesn't have last season to bank on, which u normally need to build your momentum inspite of what the NCAA says, but I don't see the NY6 game as the bonus game anymore for UH given our success, think they will be seen as a legit title contender if undefeated.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

i don't think that's going to happen as far as the actual championship series. They don't have the schedule to legitimately make a case for themselves to be in that top 4. And that's even if they run the table and go undefeated. A NY6 would definitely be a success for the program and something Ed and the team have already set their sights on for his last year.

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  10. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

We have a lot of wins to get under our belt before we can even start to get in the conversation. Next week Texas Tech is going to be a tough test for our defense. This game is a must game for us and even though we are not favored I do believe we will find a way to win.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

“29th in the AP poll.

12. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I could see us getting into the top 10 if we run the table, but coming from unranked to top 4 is pretty much impossible this year. They have a chance for 3 potential ranked wins in USF, Memphis,and possibly UCF or USF again in AAC championship. They would need to have a NY6 win and then have another season like that next year to have a chance at finishing top 4 to make the playoff.

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

14. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Who is this guy? What position does he play?

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

a rated 3 star back from westfield. oh well. gl to him in wherever he chooses

16. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Thank you. I am sure we will come up with someone else that is talented. Things happen. I am sure he has his reasons.

17. AFS

AFS Member

seemoreroyals likes this.
  18. ballgame

ballgame Member

19. AFS

AFS Member

20. solid

solid Contributing Member