1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More fun from 82games.com: Garbage time

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SamFisher, Jan 14, 2004.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

http://www.82games.com/comm14.htm

Kind of shocking to see Kevin Garnett as such a prolific garbage timer, no? It would make me re-think my MVP vote, if I had one....

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Yeah, I remember when Minnesota was kicking the Rockets asses last month, KG was in there well into garbage time. You can't really blame him. Nobody really wants to come out of a game at any time...

3. tozai

tozai Member

Why? He's still the MVP and one of the 2 best players in the L right now.

4. SHANGHAi

SHANGHAi Member

Oh wow... no Rockets made the list...

5. DFW_Rockets_Fan

DFW_Rockets_Fan Contributing Member

Interesting stat, but I think there threshholds are flawed.

They view 10 points too much to over come in the last minute as garbage time, but then 11 points for two minutes left. If you average that for points per minutes, it looks like this.

Min Points per minute
    1 10
    2 5.5
    3 4
    4 3.25
    5 2.8
    6 2.5
    7 2.28
    8 2.125
    9 2
    10 1.9
    11 1.8
    12 1.75

That just does not make sense to me. An extra 3 points per minute is reasonable and should not be considered garbage time.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Its telling that the only other person on that list even close to his caliber is Brad Miller, and Brad Miller isn't really in his league.

7. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

I think its hilarious that the wizards have 3 guys in the top 10. so...i guess logically you could say that the wizards play their best while getting blown out. :D