1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cleaning The Glass] How well will Carmelo Anthony fit in Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Aug 20, 2018.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Oh, I actually use palmolive!

Crashlanded19 and RudyTBag like this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

lulz...

Not only that but against trash competition...and when he wasnt even as washed up as he is now.

Olympic teams are no where close to the Warriors.

Exactly what I have been saying and exactly what they pointed out.

The fantasy world that Melo fans are living in....

Joe Johnson Part Deux.

Corrosion likes this.
  3. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Cleaning the glass reminds me of my years as a j*zz mopper.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

20 ppg / 5 rebs / 4 assists / 1 steal

Exiled likes this.
  5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Melo is nothing similar to the situation that Joe Johnson was in. JJ was coming off injuries and was out of shape. Melo still averaged 16 points on 47.6% shooting in one of the dumbest offenses the league saw last season from a playoff team playing next to a "point guard" who epitomizes what it means to play hero ball.

amaru and da_juice like this.
  6. Classic

Classic Member

Why don't people get that this is a Ryan Anderson replacement? You know, our starting power forward to start last season?

7. Nook

Nook Member

He cost the Rockets the minimum... so who cares? What is your unhealthy obsession with a player that cost the Rockets NOTHING.

If he is a problem or not one of the top 10 players, the Rockets release him and move on.

8. theimpossibles1

Ok i'll bite. What is a 'j*zz mopper' and why would you do that for years?

9. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  10. MONON

MONON Member

What is it with Rockets' fans!?? They b**** when a player makes 20M & also when a player makes vet min. I don't get it!

clutchdabear and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Question:

What % of guys who were "buyout guys" end up making even a moderate impact with their new team? What examples can you think of?

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Josh Smith comes to mind as the most recent example. I think Deron Williams was bought out and joined the Cavs to some success... so maybe 1%?

Melo's buyout is not normal though. Him and OKC actively looked for a team to buy him out.

#32 chenjy9, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  13. Exiled

Exiled Member

^^

Marc O'Be#Lin-elli

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Ehh thats a negative on Deron Williams, lets not use that example.

clutchdabear likes this.
  15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I dont disagree with the facts here - He cost literally nothing of importance and you are easily rid of him if things dont work out.

But some people have unrealistic expectations , just take a look below for an example.

4 Assists from a black hole ? the ball comes in and never goes out ?!

I think the front office / coaching staff would be thrilled if he averaged 14 points 3.5 boards .... and 4 assists a week..

Last year being so bad .... doing pretty much what we expect him to be doing here playing off the ball shooting 3's.

4th percentile in points at the rim ?! That Sucks.
    A large chunk of his offense coming on long two's ?! This guy is the anti-Rocket.

The article is also correct in that his best use would be as a #2 guy off the bench going against the other teams backup 4's where his lack of defense could be hidden and is offense highlighted .... He's NOT a starter on this team when he's required to defend the oppositions toughest guard - That's PJ Tuckers job now.

I think he helps win 58-60 during the regular season but is unplayable in the post season - assuming he accepts the bench role.

16. Nook

Nook Member

I think ultimately he ends up off the bench with Gordon and is successful doing so.

He isn’t going to average 20 points a game but he is certainly capable of averaging 12-15 off the bench which goes a long way to solidifying one of the Rockets woeful needs from last season.

I think he is every bit as playable in the playoffs as the regular season unless he loses another step. He is coverable on defense when surrounded by other good defenders.

The Rockets need another good defensive wing for everything to work, but they likely get one sooner than later (MDA prefers them ASAP).

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Cleaning the Offensive Glass.

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Why do writers keep mentioning Luc Mbah a Moute? He did exactly jack squat for us during the playoffs. And no mention of James Ennis just makes me think the writer has no clue or doesn't care.

Deckard likes this.
  19. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

When is the press conference?!

I.D.I.O.T.