1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Phone Ideas?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by smitheygerard, Aug 19, 2018.

1. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Unfortunately my phone fell in water yesterday and bit the dust. I don't think its fixable I tried rice but no dice. I'm looking into options for a new one, but also (much more unfortunately) I'm not up for an upgrade yet. I'm going to Verizon today to talk to them but I'd rather not pull out a cool $1000 for an iPhone X. But I really would prefer an iphone bc I have an apple watch and it's kinda pointless without the phone to pair.

Are there any places that sell used phones or something I can get my hands on for a bit cheaper? If not I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and buy a new phone.

Any advice would be appreciated.

S.G.

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The Essential phone is $250 on Amazon. I was looking this morning.

Steal of a deal. Updates have fixed it. Faster updates than the Pixel. Or just as fast.

Company may be dying (debatable), but the phone is legit. There's nothing wrong with my phone, but I have a $50 Amazon gift card and am debating getting it, even though I'm usually ride till they die.

Dave2000 likes this.
  4. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Yeah that does look nice, I'm just not sure I can shake the iPhone. Like I said I have an apple watch and its useless without the iPhone sync. But that's how they get you...

5. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

This looks legit. Thank you!

6. theimpossibles1

[​IMG]

Daddy Long Legs and ico4498 like this.
  7. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Best "value" flagship is the OnePlus 6. I'll be upgrading my Pixel XL soon, and I'll be opting out of the ugly-ass notched Pixel XL 3 without a headphone jack. So I am on the fence with the OnePlus 6, or the Galaxy Note 9. I'm more of a fan of vanilla Android though, and I am not keen on spending $1000 on a phone. It just seems really, really stupid.

Value and Apple don't go in the same sentence, nor does value and Samsung. So if you truly want a value, abandon Apple... but it doesn't sound like you want to. They get you hooked on their ecosystem for a reason... because once you're in, they've got you by the balls.

8. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have the OnePlus 6 and I like it very much. It worked well in China earlier this year, to have a second phone for a local sim card. It compares well with my Pixel XL 2. I am going to get the OnePlus 6T when it comes out in the next month or two also. I carry two phones when traveling, and it can be handy here also.

Svpernaut likes this.
  9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Don’t go to Harwin bro.

Honestly just go to your provider or get a iPhone 7 somewhere for like 200.

Sajan likes this.
  10. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Yeah yeah, I literally pointed this out in previous posts but thanks for laying it on thick. Real helpful.

11. likestohypeguy

If youre not trying to spend a ton I'm pretty sure mid tier motos & nokias etc have to offer 95% of what the $1k flagships are.

Still waiting for my iphone se to not be good enough. Once the SE 2 comes out guess I'll get that. If I needed a new one now, would go with a moto G6.

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

3 new iPhones will be announced the 2nd week of September. One will start around $649. 2 OLED(5.8in....like the current X and a 6.5 inch) models, 1 LCD (6.1 inch). All will have Face ID. The LCD will be the "budget" model. I would wait til then. The 6.5 will probably be $1000, but he 5.8 could start around $750-$800.

Sajan likes this.
  13. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

IPhone SE 32 GB free, if you join MetroPCS Unlimited plan for $50. I'm about to kick rock with TMobile and maybe my heavy-usage Boost for MPCS.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think it'd be cool to have a new phone that where you could push a button and the screen expanded to like triple the size. Also, another button to make it a projector with holograms.

That's my new phone ideas!!!

;)

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

to be honest, if you are currently happy with your iPhone, just get another iPhone. If you go android you are taking a risk that you won't like the experience.

17. likestohypeguy

moto z2 $169 at BB, $129 if you activate today.

Sprint. Seems you can unlock it, but only lasts until the next update, then you'd have to unlock it again. Sprint is really bad in tx. <49% coverage!

18. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

@theimpossibles1 murked your asss

19. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Can't wait for my Note 9 tomorrow. Leggoooo.