1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Heat doesn’t want Ryno according to Miami Herald

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by khanhdum, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

@Codman signature
    Aside from James Johnson....I guess Tyler Johnson is also in the mix to get a solid backup to CP3. Tyler at least would be playable vs GSW whereas Anderson is not.

roslolian and lionaire like this.
  2. Normalus

Normalus Member

Next thing you know, Ryno ends up in China playing alongside DMo.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Upvoted for the geese!

treyk3 likes this.
  4. alethios

alethios Member

His expiring contract will be worth a lot more than him next season. I think we hold onto him for one more season and keep our 1st. Maybe send him some positive vibes @DreamShook, so we will get flashes of Road Ryno.

DreamShook likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm sending positive vibes to everyone in a Houston jersey.

alethios likes this.
  6. illwil29

illwil29 Member

The impact of Lebron leaving the east, has Pat Riley thinking his Heat can be title contenders. Well also the fact Ryno makes 20 mil a year sitting on the bench. Welp!

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ok first of all I am not mad or angry at Ryan Anderson, he hasn't done anything to me I am just being objective about his play. I am starting to get angry at all the butthurt Ryan Anderson fans like you who keep sucking his donger.

How is it the same as Morris? Nobody expected Kawhi to be a superstar and we used the 15th pick on Morris not a lotto pick. Anderson oth is getting paid big money and not producing. Yes part of the blame is on Morey for offering him big money, but mahority of the blame should go to him for not producing in the first place!

Your logic is pretty dumb, so if you're at work and your officemate gets a low evaluation can he say "Hey its not my fault I'm underperforming, the Hr manager is the one who gave me thus job offer was I supposed to say no"?

If you hire a plumber and he messes things up can he say "Its not my fault, you are one who chose and paid me was I supposed to turn down your money"?

Bottom line is, Morey paid Anderson 20M expecting more than the 0 0 0 he posted last year. Anderson also didn't make any disclaimer his shooting will only work in the regular season. What's unfair about it? Anderson is the one unfair because he is making 20M and not playing like a 20M player, just like if you paid 300 dollars for a haircut and the barber gave you a 5 dollar haircut. Is it your fault for trusting that particular barber? Yes, but majority of the blame should still be on the barber for doing a piss poor job. Same thing here.

8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Ryno can still be good in the regular season if he can get his confidence back (seems unlikely).

I get that ppl are mad at Ryno for not producing but he's just another slow big for the Warriors to abuse when we play him in the playoffs.

Also, Ryno is pretty much strictly limited to jacking up long range 3s in our system and he's completely lost his confidence after the injury and getting benched.

Ryno has been a total professional through all the trade rumors for the past 2 years. If it was another player, he'd probably have come out multiple times to disrupt the locker room and we'd end up like our 2015-16 season. Also that would force Morey to trade him while causing us to lose major assets.

Clearly Morey still sees some value in Ryno and doesn't want to lose too much when giving him away.

Other teams don't want to admit it, but he'd be good on many crappy teams that have no chance of winning it all. It's all because many of those crappy teams don't rely on their own judgement, instead their execs buy into the media and fans opinions of players (and that's probably why they are crappy)

#88 RocketsFido, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    Zoplicone likes this.
  9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Can’t compare the NBA to a regular job and you completely ignored the whole how the warriors loss is not on him.

10. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Nah. Ryno can’t create. He can’t do anything except shoot the 3. And he can only do that when he’s wide ass open, not over a defender.

11. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Morey is falling into the old investor trap of holding onto a loser to make it less of a loss. Ryno had a 4yr contract. I would disagree in large points but we got value out of the first year. We get NO value out of the remaining 3 years. We could have dumped him for 2 firsts last offseason but didn't do it because we wanted to get a cheaper price. He was a NEGATIVE asset and look how close we were pretending we didn't really win because of the refs. Now we are repeating last season. 3 years of lost opportunity cost is just stupid and compounding a mistake. We need to include Sacramento and get back any positive assets we can NOW for Ryno because he is a DECLINING asset. Ask yourself, how would we use him this season differently? The answer is we wouldn't. How long before Ryno is Luol Deng or his other best friend, Joakim Noah, who have been paid less per year to go on extended worldwide vacations. Hell Noah has fallen so far I had to look up his name because I forgot. Getting rid of Ryno from the team right now removes an anchor and uneasiness and gives a boost to the entire team that can grow together and focus on the team we have.

12. RocketRoller

RocketRoller Member

I don't get all the hate. Ryno can be a productive role player in the regular season. His D is mediocre, but not terrible. And he's our best 3-point shooter, %-wise.

13. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

It's not hate, it's just fact and mostly opportunity cost. 20M for any other player or players and this team is a lot better. When Ryno gets on the court he does NOTHING. He is gun shy, so % doesn't matter. He doesn't shoot open shots and hesitates. If he was raining 3s and hitting them no matter how bad his defense people on here would love him. His D WAS mediocre. It definitely got terrible in the limited minutes he had later in the season. Simply put after about a 1/3 of the season we got nothing from him whatsoever. I saw every game. We were a -12 with him on the court in Game 7. Ryno clearly was affected by knowing the team doesn't want him. Look at how everyone on the team propped him up after every play. Everyone knows the deal. He sabotaged his trade value with his lack of any play. Where will his minutes come from going forward? He is going to get 5 minutes to see if he is on and when he does nothing is going back to the bench.

roslolian likes this.
  14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Heat doesn't want Ryno due to common sense too

roslolian likes this.
  15. RocketRoller

RocketRoller Member

Yeah, it really is about the money, isn't it?

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Of course it's about money, there's thing called the salary cap that limits what each team can spend. The team that wins is the team that uses their cap the most efficiently ie Warriors who have KD and Draymond on a discount as well as other guys on the cheap. Compared to that we have Anderson making 20M and you can see why we have been losing to GSW these past couple of years.

luckyman76 likes this.
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

He sees no value in Anderson thats why he has been trying to ship him out. Having a deadbeat like that can mess up the locker room for example Ariza won't be happy with 7M knowing Anderson is om the team making 20M not doing anything. Capela wanted 25M because Anderson at the ebd of his deal will be 21M for that year.

The problem is other execs dont want Anderson too he might be the most toxic contract in the league right now thats why he can't be moved. A ome dimensional shooter that has no confidence and afraid to shoot LOL even Rodney Hood can't get a spot what more this dude.

luckyman76 likes this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why can't you compare an NBA job to a regular job? They do a task for money duh, the only difference is other people clean tables or teach students they play basketball for a living.

I didn't ignore anything already told ypu it was opportunity cost. You need to stop watching the NBA and go back to school clearly you didn't pay enough attention the first time.

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Hahahaha. You’re a baby throwing a fit. Let’s see. A regular job you make a big screw up you can get fired for it. You underperform and you can get let go with just two weeks pay. NBA salary is guaranteed. But yeah that’s a minor difference right? Haha. Plumber and NBA players the same? When I call the plumber I’m paying him to unclog the toilet so yeah he has to do that task. Morey may have told Ryno he needs to hit his threes but that’s not a part of the contract. The only requirement when you sign that contract is to put the jersey on and play when physically able to. Waiting tables? Pretty sure Cheesecake Factory can’t trade their manager for a hostess and a future waiter from TGIFs. Did I really have to explain that to you? If you actually see it as all the same then yes I guess you can be mad all you want. But the problem isn’t with Ryno anymore, it’s that you’re thick, no PJ

NINE OF SPADES likes this.
  20. meh

meh Contributing Member

It's funny you say this so I went ahead and looked up what Tyler Johnson (Miami player making similar money to Anderson) did last year vs. Ryan Anderson.

Anderson: 9/5/1, 12.6 PER. 3p% .386 on 5.1 attempts.
    Tyler Johnson 12/2/3, 13.1 PER. 3p% .367 on 4.5 attempts.

And before you say Ryan Anderson sucks in the playoffs, Tyler Johnson last postseason was 11/3/2 and he attempted a whopping 2 3-pointers a game. Yeah, 60% on those but as you noted the Rockets need players who shoot and not gun shy.

I'm all for trading Ryan Anderson for a player that makes the Rockets a lot better. But you're simply wrong if you think "any other player making $20mil" is that guy.

Little Bit likes this.