1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Other Starting Line-up Options

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zoplicone, Aug 16, 2018.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I been thinking i kind of want harden to switch the substitution pattern kind of like CP3 did last year basically take Harden out first and then bring Gordon In. Just to get harden a early rest n gordon better in the flow.
    Then u sub back harden in for cp3 n ennis for melo

2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

How would u think it would work if they pulled harden at that mark n inserted gordon. With melo starting. Then harden n ennis in cp3 n melo out?

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I like your version as well.

I feel CP3/Melo need to help each other out as a tandem. Easy substitution as per last year. CP3 out
    w/Melo. CP3 comes in ......w/Melo.

Harden may need to work up a lather to start the game though. I probably wouldn’t pull Harden so quick....but I’m not against trying Harden out first.

saleem and StrawberryJamm like this.
  4. Sanity2disChaos

Also All 3 at the beginning and halftime of games.

Paul coming off anybody’s bench is laughable!!

5. Sanity2disChaos

Excuse my defense!!

Paul
    Gordon
    Harden
    Melo
    Capela

Put your best players on the court and rooollll baby!

6. StrawberryJamm

I want Gerald Green to start at the 3 just for my own entertainment and to prove it doesn't matter.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  7. illwil29

illwil29 Member

I hate when EG starts. Then we usually dont have that spark off the bench.

8. fattz

fattz Member

Most of Melo’s time should be in the first half when we are trying to out score the other team. Remember how Harden and Parsons played off of each other? Melo > Parsons. Let the two of them have some fun. Melo will open up Harden’s game even more. Watching Melo minuets is a must because he starts to get sloppy / lazy on defense when over played. If we pace our self Melo & Harden could both average 15 each in just the first half of the game. Then switch to defense players for the third quarter and into the fourt. Finishing most games with player development.or closer games with CP3 and a Harden plus who is hot that night.

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Interesting. I just don't think Harden is at the point of his career where he has any interest in a move like that. Chris Paul has been through injuries, at the worst time, and is definitely thinking about the end goal with every basketball decision. Again, all speculation, not like I know what these guys are thinking, but I don't think CP3 cares at all what he's doing as long as we're on path for the number 1 seed and he's feeling good come playoff time.