1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets New Logo and Unis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets52, Jul 26, 2018.

?

Time to get rid of the reggie Toyota looking logo?

1. Yes

145 vote(s)
    81.5%
  2. No

33 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. JW86

JW86 Member

Haha , the checkers is so stupid. Just because it is an homage / has significance to a NASA rocket design does not mean it looks good. The Pacers are the only ones with a connection to a checkers design, of a finish line with the Indy 500, and while it looks kind of silly in their City Edition - the others are cool and are not said to be related to car racing, but farmland / horizon - it is at least part of the whole jersey and they were creative with it.

The Rockets' designers just decided to put a checkers part on the side, it's like they had a monkey who was playing with a checker board and they asked him what was missing. So he broke the board, licked it, and stuck it on there and got all excited. Leslie was thrilled, did his evil laugh and the whole room was too terrified to say a word. That's the only way this design went past the head of design, you'd think...

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

Yep. I really like that rebrand, though the yellow stars on the court are kind of cartoony. Perhaps white stars would be better but possibly racist?

A crucial part of the aesthetic for those road uniforms is that the accessories are white on the photoshop but in actual games, it's almost guaranteed the players will be decked out in black which throws off the look. Given that the Lakers went with a different look for the purple compared to their Yellow home, maybe it doesn't have to completely match? The away's can have a black stripe or even blue as a throw back to late 90s like I've mentioned before.

I really like those logo touch ups too. Minor but much improved and our logo has potential in a roundel design.

I originally hated the Human Resources logo but it grew on me. I kind of like it better tan the standalone 'R' logo now and wish we used it more often.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Chamillionaire

Can't complain. Those black alts are one of the best we've had in 20 years. I do agree we can improve on home/away jerseys.

D-rock likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Update your branding Thaddeus & Tilman! You are not the Bulls, Lakers or Celtics! Your Rocket "R" is not 'iconic'.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

RealRocFan47, HTX Ninja and D-rock like this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Don't know who this guy is (Mikey Halim, @srelix on IG), but this is a decent throwback attempt:

He did them for the entire league:

Here is his All-Star jersey concept:

daywalker02, waytookrzy079 and D-rock like this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

I altered this one to suit Harden:

hardenuni.jpg

#146 topfive, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    Realjad, Deuce, slothy420 and 4 others like this.
  7. JW86

JW86 Member

I'm sorry but that is a generic and rather horrible look. take off the nostalgia glasses. The guy does have some great designs: Pistons re-use of the old logo, that Wolves and Sonics with the skyline and treeline.

8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I like everything about it but our trash logo and the “hr”. Replace that with the old logo, or just about anything, and I’d be happy.

topfive likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Anyone know where I can buy the shorts CP3 is rocking in his Instagram story?

It’s the white shorts with rockets on the front in red

11. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Don’t know if you really want to buy it with the price tag but just in case

https://justdon.com/products/houston-rockets

Jontro likes this.
  12. Postpremium

Postpremium Member

The penis sheath is a nice touch.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Literally a crotch Rockets.

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OMG!! What a crock to pay that much for a pair of shorts. I'd buy a round trip flight to Costa Rica instead, and still have money left over.

Caesar likes this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LOL at the Harden short shorts!

In all seriousness, when looking back at the old uniforms the thing that really irked me is the ridiculous wordmark of "ROCKetS."

Wut?

ROCKetS

how about some alternates!

RocKEts
    roCKetS
    rockETS
    rOCkEts
    rockeTS

Garbage.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Houston ROCKS!

17. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

yea it's a "premium upscale" brand so supposedly it's super premium fabric and quality

deb4rockets likes this.
  18. rocket2k9

rocket2k9 New Member

Based on last interview Fertita gave about him liking current uniform and he's only changing font and number for 2019-2020 season, made a quick championship font change to our current uniforms

We still need new uniforms Fertita!!! Modern version of out 94 championship uniforms

[​IMG]

#158 rocket2k9, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Put some Mustard in it.

Ketchup&Mustard likes this.
  20. rammo

rammo Member

Those San Diego or 71/72 Houston uni’s would be dope as a Nike throwback.

Git ‘er done Tilllllmannn