1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Trade option(s)

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by ZeroPoint, Apr 14, 2017.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Gattis, McCann, nor Marwin were mentioned. Reddick has batted .280 or better 3 different years in his career.

2. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

This is by far my least productive day of work every year. I really need to make MLB trade deadline day an annual PTO day.

texans1095, MadMax and whiskeyred like this.
  3. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I actually almost posted this same sentiment and resisted. I think they underestimated the PR stink that the Osuna trade would cause and will overcompensate by trading for a splashy bat.

At least, that's kind of my hope.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I hope they get a bat, too...but it won't be because of that. It'll be because we need one. We're now one of the "it" teams and in the spotlight. Any move we make won't take away the spotlight from Osuna and the front office knows that.

Rockets FTW likes this.
  5. Houston_Rockets

Damm, that would have been a steal, and getting beat by a team that should not be buying considering where they are hurts even more.

One thing we can, maybe, take from our interest is that we continue to be out there looking for guys with team control, which makes sense considering our farm and our window as contenders.

I never thought I would say this knowing how Luhnow operates, but we might actually see a kind of a big splash move today,

6. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Ozuna would be a get. I'm completely down to trade for him.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

How did we get beat when we likely weren't even looking at Pham? I don't see him as much of an upgrade and not enough of one to trade multiple prospects for. He had a nice season last year but has come back to more of the reality of what he is as a player. Plus, he's already 30. I think the Cardinals won that one big time.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Bour to Astros? Would LOVE this. Could DH, play 1B, maybe OF (or move Gurriel to OF). I don't know but his bat is dynamite.

This or the other Ozuna would be GETS.

kaleidosky likes this.
  11. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

We aren't getting mentioned in any of these scenarios outside of Rosenthal saying we will add a bat. I am getting the impression we are done dealing for now. Who could be had post non-waiver?

12. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Rosenthal said the Astros were in on Pham.

13. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Yikes. Just looked at list of FA bats on lousy teams and it’s pretty desolate. Less vets making money on decent sized contracts non contenders will want to get out of than I’ve seen in a while.

14. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

Josh Donaldson

15. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Shin-Soo Choo, Josh Donaldson, Miguel Cabrera, maybe Adrian Beltre, maybe Adam Jones

16. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Didn't he rupture his biceps? Not sure he'd help us this year. LOL...

17. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

weird on people looking at Pham and saying we missed out. You want to replace Reddick's down year with...Reddick's down year? Or plug in another down-year Reddick in the other corner across from Reddick?

This team shouldn't be trading prospects to take on reclamation projects or cost-controlled assets that are still TBD. We have those...they're prospects. Give me actual improvement, or let's roll with the guys we got and make them the reclamation projects.

Snake Diggit and Major like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

They need championship pedigree.

houstonstime likes this.
  20. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

My prediction is they end the day with Dietrich for international bonus money and a 3rd tier pitching prospect.

raining threes likes this.