1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Trade for Roberto Osuna

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by mikol13, Jul 30, 2018.

1. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Not uncommon for the girl to stick around; I agree with you. But for her whole family to go along with it? That could be a sign of something else.

I'm going to reserve judgement until I know all the facts. I know that social media and twitter doesn't believe in that, though.

2. Houston_Rockets

You are surprised that the front office felt that a top 5 closer in the game, at the age of 23, with 2 1/2 season of cheap control, with all the homework done prior to the trade on his behaviour, was worth the "bad Press and the risk of disturbing a legendary solid Clubhouse"?

Feel like some of you are fans of some sports teams so that you have a feeling of belonging to something, a group of people love, that is the only reason why someone would care about bad press. Like Rockets fans complain about the hate the media spreads about us, or people would give a flying f about what these media clowns have to say about this Osuna situation, like all of them haven't, for example, drove a car under the influence.

3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Aroldis Chapman had a gun and fired shots at his girlfriend, that is attempted murder. Aroldis went too far. Fired shots at his garage. Cops came to his house in Miami I believe and arrested him.
    The Yankees Americas Team forgave him and traded him but wanted him back. Brian Cashman , Steinbrenner are evil, no morals.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Did you just fake news all in this thread?
    Chapman didn’t shoot at his GF.

I love this meme because you could replace it with fans of a team that has a likely domestic abuser or someone who made a racist gesture

#344 REEKO_HTOWN, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    CrushCity likes this.
  5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Why is everyone bringing up Chapman? What-aboutism is f*cking dumb. Yankees fans and Astros fans arguing which of their woman beater is worse is something I want no part of.

JVL713 and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You are absolutely correct. This post is directly contradictory to your earlier one saying that he had already paid his debt. He has not. We don't know if he even has a debt to pay since the actual court case against him hasn't happened yet.

This one feels weird but I'm willing to wait until the facts come to light.

mrm32 and RockFanFirst like this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It’s a coping mechanism. Some Sports fans are cucks like that.

Im all for the trade. Win another ring! Who cares. I’m not gonna make excuses for trading for a wife beater. This is a business not a church.

BigM likes this.
  8. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I am just catching up this morning, so I still have several pages to go. But I wouldn't call getting drunk and then getting behind a wheel very "peaceful." In fact, I think it puts WAY more lives at risk, and I find it very interesting that, as a society, we excuse people that operate heavy machinery under the influence as much as we do.

I am not perfect, and not one to judge; get drunk at home all day, or at a bar as long as you Uber home, but I certainly take issue to those that endanger many lives by getting behind the wheel drunk.

Amshirvani likes this.
  9. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Was going to comment on this too. Agreed. Odd to overlook this kind of thing.

10. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

To be clear, bottom line, this is where I'm at also. I think I'm just surprised that Luhnow took the risk.

But if we hoist that trophy in October, 0% of me will even be thinking about Osuna's past.

BigM likes this.
  11. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

I don't recall...was there this level of outburst for every team that Brett Meyers played for after he slapped his wife and pulled her hair in plain view on a public city street?

12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

WHAT ABOUT HILARY??

AleksandarN and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  13. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hey just telling you what was reported !

14. CinematicFusion

It's a valid observation.
    By all accounts, if Roberto Osuna charges are dropped or found not guilty, he will be pitching for the Astros and no one will care. Just like with Chapman....I didn't even know he had an abuse case against him. I didn't know he served a MLB suspension for domestic abuse and we played a 7 game series against the Yankees. Usually everything is talked about during a long series.

It's all speculation as to what he did. Have to trust the Astros here. Their reputation is on the line for this guy. I wouldn't trade for him unless I was 100% confident this guy deserved a second chance and I was willing to put my reputation on the line.

15. CinematicFusion

How many people talked about Chapman's domestic abuse charges last year in the playoffs? No one.
    This will all blow over if the charges are dropped and he is found not guilty.
    Astros must have a great feeling about the upcoming Wednesday court date.

16. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Honest question. Don't be a D.

17. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Whatbout-ism is never constructive and only distracts from the real issue.

18. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

No it really doesn’t.

19. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Even if the charges are dropped, that doesn't mean that someone didn't do it. Danry Vasquez's (Hooks player) charges were dismissed, and it took place on video. We all know that it happened, we saw it. And I would imagine there's a big financial incentive for this girlfriend, and her family, to stay with him and to not cooperate.