1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Houston Press]Will Carmelo Anthony Fit With the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Royal Ace

Royal Ace Member

No its not Melo's fault that this team has gotten worse. It is Morey's fault for being complacent and not aiming to improve the team.

2. carib

carib Member

Offensively the Rockets have gotten better with Melo and gives MDA a lot more flexibility on the offensive end. You are right on the defensive end Morey only has two 3 and D players in Tucker and Ennis so far when last year the Rockets had 3 and could put a line up that stifled the scoring of other teams. Ennis is a good signing and will help but he has played more than 50 games only twice in 7 seasons (hopefully this new season he will play 82). Hopefully he will add another soon via a free agent signing or a trade and not gamble on someone freeing up during the season who will be exploring other teams as well and looking at playing time or wait until an injury. The West now has reasonable amount of teams who have elite to good scorers at the SG and SF positions. Morey is aiming to improve the team. Injuries have hurt the Rockets in recent times and lack of depth with MDA playing a 7 man rotation against another team like the Warriors playing 9 players gives them an additional edge down the stretch of a game or series.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's set up nicely now, so that Jeff can get the hits he deserves. I love his stuff and just wish he had time for more takes on the Rockets.

4. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I love the offense in the video but I couldn't help but notice all the shooters left open when he was taking contested shots.

5. jefforoni

jefforoni Member

We got 2 mid range gods if outback 3s aren’t falling

tinman likes this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

That has been his go-to-move for the last 15 seasons.

Another Brother likes this.
  7. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Didn't see it.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Nice article Jeff! Thank you.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I watched the video again after this comment and noticed that the people that were open were often the 29% shooting Westbrook and the other was none other than our own Corey Brewer. Those seemed like good decisions!

I did notice him passing up PG13 from 3 though and that was poor. PG13 shoots like 40% out there, but maybe the passing lane was cut off?

Another Brother likes this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Ah, this is wrong though. There's a decent amount of NBA fans who think that Klay Thompson is 'the best 2-way guard in the league'.

This is my monthly "Klay Thompson is the most overrated player in the league" post.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Jeff