1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Carmelo Anthony traded to Hawks, will be bought out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htown7829, Jul 19, 2018.

1. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Starters would be playing through Harden/Capela, Paul/Capela anyway so he'll be in Olympic mode just catching and shooting or abusing Curry on a mismatch.

Him attacking 2nd units is mainly to keep him in rhythm, engaged and allowing Harden to stay fresh longer throughout the game. Harden won't run out of gas next postseason if this works out which should help you guys bring it home.

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I don't think there is any question that Melo and CP wrecking 2nd units in the regular season will be huge. This is why I don't see such a huge drop off in the Rockets record.

The bottom line will be the playoffs. When rotations shrink and marginal bench players with weaknesses don't play. It will be interesting to see how things fair then.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This is a interview with Melo in OKC letting everyone know what his role is. I don't blame Russ, PG or Melo... i believe this teams failure roots from the team philosophy being poor. The identity was not strong enough... a different team showed up every night at times they were good and times they sucked. That's okc to me.

4. Karolik

Karolik Member

The only reason the rockets are even bothering trying to get this guy is because he is Chris Paul's bestie. He is not even on the same stratosphere of play as two years ago let alone at his prime . OKC was glad to get rid of him . He was really inefficient but still get chucking up shots . He reminds me of Kobe Bryant in his last two years . He belongs on the beach playing a bench player role and shooting efficient shots but we all know that's not happening . I don't like this move.

5. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Thanks for your contribution.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Last time the Rockets took CP3's advise, they signed Luc.

adw, DonKnock, YaoMing#1 and 3 others like this.
  7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

The last time the Rockets took Hardens advise, they signed Bobby Brown. Aka Scrub Mamba.

rocketman84 likes this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Actually, the last time they took Harden's advice they signed Gerald Green. Morey said getting Green was Harden's suggestion.

Scarface281, adw, DonKnock and 6 others like this.
  9. supa

supa Contributing Member

Actually it was when they signed Gerald Green, but don't let facts get in the way of that narrative.

Scarface281 and RasaqBoi like this.
  10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Ahh forgot.

Harden >> Morey ?

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

:eek:

RasaqBoi likes this.
  12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Harden is the one who suggested Green get a contract in the middle of the season? I genuinely do not remember that story

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It's true. Morey said it.

Fullcourt likes this.
  14. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Even though this narrative isn’t correct... Bobby Brown helped us get CP3

RasaqBoi likes this.
  15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But, Morey got Harden, MDA....revolutionized the NBA.... almost got us a title early on before Yao went down....charged with the impossible by Les..He did it..then should have a title on his resume from last year.

don grahamleone, xiki and RasaqBoi like this.
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Nice words. Melo might be able to play a slightly bigger role than just be a off the ball catch and shoot player. But he needs to be very fit, physically and mentally to do that. He can't expect to be handed a starting position without that. If he is fit, he might be able to save his energy on defense in spurts. It's all up to him, if he wants a shot at a NBA title. Chris is his friend, and he will help him, but it's going to be all business, if Melo wants to be a Rocket.

Harden is less mature than Chris, but he clearly deserved the MVP title. He respects Melo's talent, but he will expect professionalism from him too. Chris and Harden want to win. Does Carmelo want that too? I have my doubts about that.

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I agree. We will see. Olympic Melo as well as the Melo that played with Billups and Kidd sure wanted to. Melo with OKC was a Melo trying to fit into an identity that didn't really exist.

saleem likes this.
  18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Man every Melo video I see I realize.. the times he's been in the best shape of his career = such mediocre basketball shape for an elite player. Jeez man. Luckily our athletics guys are elite so maybe they can get through to him.

I really wonder if this kind of person can even genuinely get pumped about competing for a title.

saleem likes this.
  19. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

What proof do you have that gives you doubt Melo doesn't to win other than your own assumptions based off of nothing

20. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Love all the psychology majors in here, I could learn a thing or two.

bmelo likes this.