1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Oct 20, 2016.

1. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

So I bought a switch this week (for my kids). We've spent the past few days playing Rocket League on 4 player. Everything I wanted it to be. My favorite game of all time is Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I looked it up and they have a version for the switch how do I get a hold of one or how do I contact nintendo to find out. I went all over there website trying to find out the answer to both of these questions, but here I am clutchfans. At your mercy....

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

You can download from the Japanese e-shop. You'll have to set up an japanese nintendo account to download it. The system isn't region locked so you should have no problems playing it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...buy-switch-games-from-the-japanese-eshop-4548

K mf G likes this.
  3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

<3 car ball

4. VanityHalfBlack

What are some recommended games for Japan eshop? I'm more retro/adventure type gaming. Can't do the RGP stuff, sorry.

5. what

what Member

Huge RPG just dropped for the switch octopath Traveler.

if you're in to collecting at all, I would definitely go out and get the Wayfarers Edition.

in fact I'd buy the Wayfarers Edition and the regular edition and play the regular edition and keep the Wayfarer Edition boxed up.

6. what

what Member

Well it looks like octopath traveler has done sold out.

Crazy man.

And I just spent $250 on Earthbound for the Super NES.
    Well I did get a $40 discount, but I had to buy an overprice Secret of Mana to get it.

I probably overpaid about $30 bucks in total, but Earthbound cart was pretty clean. But holy s*** over $200 for a video game.

Am I insane?

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Um yes...because the SNES classic has Earthbound built into it for $80. Why would you spend $250 for it?
    Has Secret of Mana too heh.

https://www.nintendo.com/super-nes-classic/

marky :) and mishii like this.
  8. what

what Member

Well, the Super NES classic uses software emulation to try to recreate the game.
    One thing that software emulation has a problem with is is sound. It's kind of like when you play a record on a high-end turntable vs getting a digital copy and playing it on a Walkman or something.
    There's a lot of examples of it.
    There's also the issue would lagging and color accuracy.
    I myself bought a super NT which is a hardware emulation and for the most part it recreates every game completely accurate with sound and everything.
    Believe It or not retro gaming and the consoles that people use even the CRT TVs are still in demand and huge.
    People want to see those scan lines that crt tvs made as anesthetic option over 4K or 1080p.
    Then there's the idea that I bought the game for $250... well really about $230 and I could go out and sell it today quickly for about $210, so I really haven't lost value.
    Even the super NT which is not even Nintendo will start increasing its value almost immediately since the company that made it only makes limited quantities and once they're gone you're not getting them again.
    The company is called analogue and they made the original analogue NT which played NES games and they were selling it at $587 that was about two and a half years ago and now it's selling for like 1200 dollars.
    But yeah $250 is a hell of a lot of money to spend on a game.

weakfromtoday likes this.
  9. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I still see it on Amazon. What is this game about, anyways?

10. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

It's a JRPG in the classic style where you can play as one of 8 different characters and I believe the story is different for each character. Don't know any of the specifics of the story or gameplay mechanics (apart from the typical turn-based RPG stuff). It's pretty well rated by critics and fans thus far.

11. what

what Member

It is a jrpg but what you're thinking of is Chrono Trigger which is also an over $100 game.

Earthbound you play as Ness and the story is that a meteorite hit the town that Nest lives in.

And this s*** is crazy expensive.

12. what

what Member

Oh yeah and unless you can spot a real from a fake, I would not advise you buying any expensive game especially Super NES on Amazon.
    Educate yourself. Otherwise you'll buy fake with a ROM cartridge rather than the real thing.

13. HeWhoIsLunchbox

I was talking about Octopath Traveler. And I assumed @mrm32 was as well since he replied to you saying it was still on Amazon when you said it was sold out.

mrm32 likes this.
  14. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

thats a game i should love...but i suck at it and i'm way competitive so i get pissed off easily and rage quit often. if i could just not care that game would be lots of fun.

15. what

what Member

Oh.

I think you better look at Amazon again.

The regular game is sold out. and the Wayfarers Edition is being fulfilled by people who are selling it for nearly double the price.

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Lots of practice, many nights of non-sobriety, and the mute feature have helped me achieve Diamond 2 in ranked.

17. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Been looking to buy a Switch for a while. Are there any deals?

18. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

i don't think prime day had any on the console itself so you didnt miss much there.

did run across today at walmart...can buy a switch with a choice of like 6 games that include: mario odyssey, BOTW, mario kart 8, splatoon 2. those are solid games and imagine you're gonna end up getting 1 of them. so might as well get one with the console...heres a link

https://www.walmart.com/co/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Your-Choice-of-Game/848361435

Eric Riley likes this.
  19. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

You pretty much described it. It’s got a very interesting look to it as everything has a snes pixelated look to it but it’s a 3D world with special effects.

When the game was revealed and showed off afterwards I had no interest. Played the first demo released and was bored, didn’t like it. But I played the second 3 hour prologue demo just for poops and got hooked. My 3 hours ran out and was like, “Damn, I gotta keep playing.” Lol. I’m not a Jrpg guy but I bought it and really enjoy it.

My only nitpick is I wish I didn’t get into as many random fights walking around the world.

I’d say, if you have a Switch, definitely try out the prologue demo. It’s worth a look and to see the world first hand.

mrm32 and RudyTBag like this.
  20. HeWhoIsLunchbox

Enter the Gungeon just got a huge update and is currently on sale for $7.49 on the eShop. I highly recommend this game, especially for fans of games like Binding of Isaac.

mogrod likes this.