1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Putin's Useful Idiot At Work

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Dec 30, 2016.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I still don't understand what people were expecting. Trump has been saying there is an internal witchhunt out to get him for a couple of years now. He thinks the entire investigation is bullshit and a conspiracy. Why would he side with the independent counsel at any time? He has been ******** on them for a long time now. I don't understand why people are outraged or even the slightest bit surprised.

Also, I'd still like to see all these indictments end up in court. The entire indictment rests on that Guccifer 2.0 is the online alias for the Russians who they say did the spearfishing attacks, but they didn't say how they knew Guccifer 2.0 was the Russians. Does anyone have a link to something from the intelligence committees that says how they knew Guccifer 2.0 is a Russian front? I've seen claims from websites, but nothing that I think is solid. Anyhow, I'd love to see Mueller prove his case against all these Russians he has charged so far.

Lastly, I don't know why, but my BS spidey sense has always been on alert with this Russia stuff (Iran claims always get my BS meter going too), and it still is even after skimming thru this latest indictment. I'm either being willfully obtuse because I'm biased somehow or I just don't feel that enough clear evidence has been presented. I guess the past actions of our govt make me feel this way. I know people flip out over Putin as someone who will lie to your face, but our govt has proven it will do the same over and over and over and over again with foreign policy. I don't go along with all the view that Russia is an enemy either. Maybe that's why I'm not outraged.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. NewRoxFan

My gawd... he was standing right next to the guy that ordered the interference in America's presidential election when he denied the unanimous findings of his intelligence (as well as congress) and instead defended the russians. Furthermore, he compared russsian crimes with what russia claims America did. He couldn't have handled it worse (for America, and better for putin) if he tried.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It wasn't Trump agreeing with the independent counsel. It would be Trump agreeing with every single intelligence agency in the United States. These indictments include the names of the people involved, what malware they used. Where they were used and based. It also traces the funding. That kind of evidence is pretty concrete and something that Trump shouldn't have a problem choosing over the word of Putin.

Guccifer 2.0 was part of a Russian team known as Unit 74455.

Yes, the United States govt. lies. It is rare that every single intelligence agency with these specific details is a lie.

#724 FranchiseBlade, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    joshuaao, foh and Hakeemtheking like this.
  5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Let us totally resist Trump as the useful tools of his fellow oligarchs.

However, I can't go along with the crazed push to pretend that Putin and the Russkies led to Hillary's demise, are the root of all evil and so vastly more evil than our allies like the Saudis. Also I hate to play into the hands of the hawks of both parties who want to join their buds in the military industrial complex in spending needless trillions when we could fund, healthcare, education, the environment and other needs.

6. fiersdownbelow

I ignore both of them because they are neocons... I could care less whether one supports and one doesn't. I'm an independent who supports President Trump.

When liberals say "but look Dick Cheney thinks this summit endangered American lives hurr!" you just have to shake your head.

7. NewRoxFan

Let's face it... dictionaries are on the up since trump became president... #winning!

8. NewRoxFan

Well, we will soon see if trump responds to almost universal criticism and throws the trump train into reverse, or if he will take the normal trump approach (never admit he is wrong) and double down on dumb...

9. NewRoxFan

Seriously? I wonder if this was the putin plan that trump thought was really interesting???

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He isn't siding against the special counsel, he's siding against:
    -His own Director of National Intelligence (that he appointed)
    -His own National Security Advisor
    -His own Director of the Central Intelligence Agency
    -His own Secretary of Defense
    -His own Attorney General
    -His own deputy Attorney General
    -His own director of the National Security Agency and current Commander of US Cyber Command
    -His former Commander of US Cybercommand
    -His current Secretary of State
    -His former Secretary of State
    -His Secretary of the Treasury
    -The United States Senate
    -His own director of the FBI

You are being either willfully ignorant or obtuse due to bias at this point to deny these allegations regarding Russia's interference. I don't know why Trump continues to take this stance. Maybe he is working on some secret deal, maybe he is doing business with Russia, maybe he's just so angry that this would undermine him that he'll side with them...I really don't know.

For his supporters though it's just amazing.

No Worries, Amiga and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. NewRoxFan

What? This should be revisited during midterms...

12. NewRoxFan

13. Buck Turgidson

Of course it did, they're just buying time until they can formulate a coherent/cohesive response.

Jordan's gone all in with Trump, can't turn back now. His district hasn't elected a Democrat since 1936, so he doesn't have to worry unless he (hopefully) gets primaried.

#733 Buck Turgidson, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Good. Cause literally nobody is saying those things. Strawstrongman?

15. NewRoxFan

Now says he trusts intelligence, he acknowledges russia meddled, and no collusion. Lame, won't be enough...

16. NewRoxFan

trump added "could have been other countries"... and ignored a follow up question whether he would confront putin about meddling...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

Trumpistas preparing to defend Dear Leader...artist's interpretation:

[​IMG]

foh, JeffB and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

****ing lol

It’s like a game where Trump is trying to see how dumb his followers are willing to make themselves look to defend his words

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Laughing at Trump saying he meant to say 'not'. Everything else he said in the conference goes with him saying he doesn't see why it would be Russia. Nothing else he said goes with him saying he meant to day 'not'.

Pitiful.

The one good thing that I can see is that he is making an attempt at reversing what he said. He somehow sees that it was bad. That's the one positive. Unfortunately, he was unable to really reverse it at all. He just wasn't capable.

20. NewRoxFan

Blames Obama again.

Reads from sheet... adding to the believability.