1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Plowman, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Okay, obviously this was a bad idea....shouldn't have shared it here. I was hoping for perhaps.. don't know..love/encouragement/advice. Those of you that have provided that..THANK YOU. Some of you will be glad to know that my symptoms are much worse now. I'm going to chill out and hope for the best. Losing my faith in a chunk of this site, and a portion of humanity. 

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Best of luck to you. Speedy recovery.

Ignore the ignorance here and concentrate on yourself.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

99ers stick together.

Like tinman's face sticks to #1's marble bag.

BamBam, BigMaloe, mikol13 and 5 others like this.
  4. Plowman

Supporting Member

It's all true, man. That should come out shortly in this thread. Not by me. I was posting from my phone while I was in the Ben Taub waiting room for 20 hours solo...from 5pm two nights ago until whenever I was seen yesterday. I finally got back to my motel, got 11 hours of sleep and am concentrating on reaching out to those places where I might receive help/encouragement/advice. Basketball is the least of my concerns now.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Why are you in Ben taub? And if they see you browsing on your phone the nurses will form their opinion.

el gnomo likes this.
  6. Plowman

Supporting Member

I explained that in my original post, cheke...This has all been going on over 5 weeks and I have no insurance. I'm desperate to get to the bottom of it...20 hours by myself..I'm only human, man.

cheke64 likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Internet is all positive vibes

8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

el gnomo likes this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Best of luck to you. Thoughts and prayers sent.

Plowman likes this.
  10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So, are you checking your blood pressure at all when you don't have to run to the ER?

If not, maybe you should be, at least until you figure this out.

If you are, is your blood pressure elevated all the time or does it just spike from normal when you have these attacks?

12. Plowman

Supporting Member

Its been at minimum slightly elevated all the time. I'm 6'4" 220...in shape/healthy , and it usually stays around 125/75..I'm 52... Since all this started, the low average has been like 140 -145/ 88-90, and the higher #'s when spiking have been 170-220/ 100-125. Since one of my trips to Memorial Hermann when they suggested this, I've been checking it. Before, I didn't check it regularly..as I pretty much know my body...and can tell when it's not right. The headaches have been mainly in the back...again progressively worse until lately when they're explosive, like the back of my hgead is going to blow ala Scanners. The night sweats went from bad to just ridiculous..waking up with drenched sheets/hair soaked..rinsing off twice a night. Now, I will say this...I've taken aspirin the last few nights before bed and it's helped this symptom quite a bit. The flushing comes out of the blue, but can be brought out stronger by shocks...I'm runnin hot most of the time...no fever though.

Nook likes this.
  13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

@Plowman sorry to hear, get well soon man.

Plowman likes this.
  14. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Hang in there Plow! Your cf.net family has you in our thoughts.

Plowman likes this.
  15. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Hey brother, I'm no doctor, but I've spent a lot of time in some shitty places. What your describing sounds like Malaria. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/malaria/symptoms-causes/syc-20351184
    Given all of the flooding last year, there may be more issues with this and there have been cases in Houston in the not so distant past. Docs there may not expect it, but a blood test should be able to tell if that's the issue.
    You're in my prayers, hope you get the right diagnosis and jump back in the saddle again.
    For all you naysayers, go play in another thread there are plenty of areas you can have fun in without messin' with Plow.

tinman, mikol13 and Plowman like this.
  16. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Sucks. Hope you figure it out and feel better. Good vibes...

Plowman likes this.
  17. Plowman

Supporting Member

Shark - I can't tell you how much I appreciate this. One of the first questions they've asked me everywhere has been whether I've traveled to any foreign countries. The thought went through my mind, and I dismissed it quickly..perhaps too quickly. They have done a(singular) blood test at each hospital stop, but I'm not sure what that test encompasses. Somebody's bound to nail this down soon. Thanks for the prayers and support, bud.

Shark44 and Os Trigonum like this.
  18. Vanilla Thunder

Vanilla Thunder Contributing Member

I know Plowman in real life. I switched to this from my previous handle Major Malcontent. His mother passing in a murder suicide is a real thing.

There are great people on ClutchFans...I played poker with a great many of you. I have been to Batman Jones plays and a couple concerts given by members whos names escape me because this thread makes me angry.

A fellow human being reaches out to you and you come for him because you don't like his credentials or information as a Rockets insider. Who the **** cares about that.

I get it, a lot of you guys are really young and many of you have yet to experience the terrifying thing that is losing a parent and your health. (Never mind in such a horrible fashion). I can't believe ya'll are prosecuting grudges from the GARM in this forum.

I want to give some of you the benefit of the doubt but this complete lack of empathy makes it hard. I remember this forum coming down on me hard, when I mentioned I was an overweight man who dated overweight women. His mothers murder was in the papers at the time, but I definitely don't trust you guys (collectively not individuals) to not Dox him and try to rub salt in his wounds because you think he whiffed on a ****ing trade rumor.

Let's all try to be our better selves. It is one thing to rib me about my weight, but my good friend is at the end of his rope.

19. esketit

esketit Member

in all honesty if you have taken any antibiotics recently they can really **** you up. i had a zpack that threw me off for a year or so and i couldt really explain what i was going through. turns out probiotics got me back where i needed to be

20. esketit

esketit Member

doctors had no idea what was up