1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: Rockets confident they will sign Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Karolik

Karolik Member

meh. He sucks now

2. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Hopefully we get a resolution by Friday

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This doesn't seem like a deal that would interest the Thunder really. Leaves them with way too much salary still. He's also likely to opt in next year at nearly $19million.

4. Gri

Gri Member

Any 6'7 second round pick even undrafted 19yo is better than Carmelo. For every +, he brings 5 - with him.

Chernobyl toxic.

5. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Thanks for your input. Nice scientific research there.

Did you bring charts?

bilaal14 likes this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I have not watched you play so I cant say if you are just as bad as Melo and Anderson but I will take your word for it.

H-Town Melo likes this.
  7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

You are still a fat dork. Worse than Melo and Anderson. Stay in yo lane with the rest of the CrossFit losers.

8. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Does he have an option? The trade machine didn't say so. Ahh never mind then.

9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

We only have 5 guys we can trust to play in the postseason and nobody to play SF... how are we fine?

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Melo sucks. Even when he was good, he sucked. He loses everywhere he goes. At some point, you have to recognize he's the common denominator. He probably can't undo the good Harden and Paul can do, but he won't be helping. Don't do this. Even if he plays for free, don't do it.

TheFreak, ElPigto and daywalker02 like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dang. I am not as pessimistic but I can understand where this is coming from.

12. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I hope this isn't the same Melo that played for OKC last year we are talking about.

13. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Did he really lose in Denver?

I mean losing to Kobe and Duncan ain’t really losing

We all know the Knicks sucked before, with and after him

Thunder lost with him on the pine

So yeah idk if he’s a loser what is Paul? He ain’t make a Conference Final til he got to Houston, Harden always chokes when it matters most even in OKC.

Are you going to sweep that under the rug?

dlite316 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Denver days are like 10-14 yrs ago. Speaking of which, time flies.

Recalling Lebron, CP3, Melo being drafted. Those guys on their last contracts.

#134 daywalker02, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  15. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Just saying his career is not unlike the two guys leading your team currently.

I just feel like he’s the only one held to the standard guys place on him.

When others lose it’s okay but when it’s Melo he’s a loser who stops the ball, doesn’t play defense, etc...

When others lose there’s always, ALWAYS an excuse

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Keep posting, man!

We need both sides, it is getting one sided though. We need people who enjoy watching him as well.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Not really. CP has been ragged on before but it has mainly been for his health. Harden has upped his game over the past couple of years. Melo simply doesn’t add that much at this point. His fta/g collapse last year really illustrates how he can’t get to the basket like he used to. He’s a nice role player, but let’s not act like he’s a key piece like he still thinks in his mind. If he had the mindset of being a super sub playing 20-25 mpg and giving everything he has then I’d be all over signing Melo but....

18. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Why are y’all worried about what he thinks of himself? He has to have self confidence in his game yet at the same time understanding where he is and what the team needs.

Sorry he’s not gonna give a pc answer, Melo is raw and uncut, unapologetically honest with the media. He’s not a bench player just because he’s taken a step back. Sorry you guys cannot handle that but it is what it is.

However I want him to come off the bench even as a fan. I don’t think he has to but I want him to. I’ll take it either way though, starter or sixth man. As long as he’s out there when it matters most.

19. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

20-25 minutes is crap.

25-32 is right around perfect especially for his legs.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

As someone else correctly noted in this thread Melo doesn’t hustle. He’s gonna be 34 and he doesn’t have a Lebron-esque body. His minutes need to drop.

His skill set can potentially be valuable but his mindset has to change to that of a bench player.