1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 2nd round pick - De'Anthony Melton

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jun 21, 2018.

?

Do you like the pick?

Poll closed Aug 21, 2018.
  1. Yes

83 vote(s)
    92.2%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    7.8%
  1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Literally thought the same during the game yesterday, even his facial expression reminded me of Kawhi.

@heypartner about to have the alter ego of his hero on the team :eek::D

Rockets FTW likes this.
  2. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Melton is definitely looking like the one bright spot for the Rockets in another wise very rough
    offseason so far.

Rockets FTW likes this.
  3. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Now, I'm not saying he is Kawhi... but the proofs kind of there... I never go out and show my affinity for a player (ok, maybe I'm slightly biased cause of my SC roots) but he has a machine like quality to him. I've seen him play in person and there's never been a doubt in my mind who the smartest player on the court was.

I'll say this, if we had this guy taking Mbah Moute's minutes last year... I think we beat GSW.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well Luc was a non factor against the Warriors so i can give you that lol ;)

Rockets FTW likes this.
  5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You would ask that.

But exactly!

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Oh believe me, I already did when I heard we drafted an athletic guard with upside that should have (at the least) been a late 1st rounder.

This could be our Carl Landry 2.0 with better measurables and athleticism at the guard position. I loved the pick and I will still love the pick... but Clutchfans changes faster than the weather on a player.

Clint Capela is a great example atm. First the yell "MIP" now they yell "GTFOH".

Rockets FTW likes this.
  7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

So what exactly does that explain and how does it relate to the Rockets?

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Do some research if you're not familiar with some ex-Rocket summer league players that have been overhyped.

I'm not doing the work for you, schmuck.

9. donkeypunch

lulz. I want to say, you mean Alan William, but youre such a jabroni, who knows?

10. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

I literally told a co worker the same thing this morning! Now of course I had to explain that I don't think he is, but his game reminds me of a smaller Kawhi.....I'm sorry?? lololol Those huge hands and long arms....his pace and demeanor. Morey has a steal and needs to sign him with some of the midlevel. Melo can share 1.2 of that lol.

Vivi likes this.
  11. Zergling

Zergling Member

Morey once again killing it in the 2nd round

slothy420, YaoMing#1, Remlap and 6 others like this.
  12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

13. donkeypunch

LULZ. So much fail in one thread. From calling other posters out for liking a player, to naming a player that doesnt even exit, to telling me to do my own 'research' cause youre tired of doing it for me(I didnt know I ever contracted you out?), to calling me a schmuck, to posting the inevitable 'i ****ed up post', to saying "I knew wtf you meant", to telling me the word jabroni isnt cool. lelz.

I dont think there is a definition for jabroni, but if there was, I think the following sequences fit the description.

Talk about spewing bs out dabutt......

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kawhi is a fantastic call. 6-3 Kawhi Leonard.

He plays nothing like Beverley or Bradley.

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I never once called out posters for liking a player. I like him too... just don't get ahead of yourselves ala Lestar Jean, Alan/Greg Smith/Williams or whichever sh** center you plan on giving 4 years / 100 million to not named Capela. They're all the same crap everyone here goes gaga for during SL, then sh**s on during the regular season when they aren't meeting the preseason hype.

And it really isn't. Unless you're a 45 year old redneck that still thinks this is cool. Get over yourself.

[​IMG]

16. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

I watched the entire game last night. This guy is a monster! What a steal.

Zhou Qi actually looked good too! 5 blocks!

Remlap likes this.
  17. donkeypunch

El. Oh. El.

[​IMG]

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Ok, then:

[​IMG]

19. donkeypunch

HAHAHAHAHA. Dont start nothin, wont be nothin.

[​IMG]

You are a consummate Rocket Summer League Player knowing professional, I hope you retire butt hurt. LOLOLOLOL

That car mustve did some damage.

20. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

People b****ing about free agency, but Melton will be a huge addition! Allows CP3 and Harden to rest more during the season (last year we didn’t have a legit 3rd option to handle PG), insurance for CP3 injury, and come playoff time I bet he can cause Curry some fits on D. And if he keep keeps his shooting up, he’ll be a major difference maker. He should have been a lottery pick, and if he was there would be a lot buzz, but don’t sleep on this kid as a huge addition for next year!