1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets determined to sign Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

2. hakeemthagreat

Poor assessment. Nobody's going to stop Kevin Durant. HOWEVER , what Ariza was able to do was slow him down enough to give us a chance. U gotta make it tough on guys like KD. Even it's only for 4-5 possessions. We currently don't have anybody that'll make him work outside of PJ

clutchdabear likes this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

4. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Nick Young - defense is horribleeee. Especially team defense. He sucks. It is the main reason Steve Kerr didn't give me a lot of minutes even though he shoot well.

Carmelo Anthony - Known to have lazy defense. I mean look at his footwork...you can pretty much pick him apart with the pick n roll or some creative team sets. And when he start missing shots and having second thought of what people or fans think of him...watch out! He's a chemistry killer because he's just not a team player offensively and defensively.

Ryan Anderson - this guy is doomed. How can he play well this year when he's unwanted? No way.

5. rockets13champs

I really feel like we’ll get Melo and Bazemore. We’re losing 2 defensive wings for 2 offensive wings

mike2k132 likes this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bazemore is definitely a 2 way player. Averaged 2 steals and almost 1 block per 36 last season

rockets13champs likes this.
  7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The answer to all your concerns is more 3's and more options offensively. Lol nobody will score more points than we will each game i guess.

8. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Some people have lives outside of smokin (or dealin) pot all day. Which means they don’t have all the time in the world to sit on their ass and read every post.

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Really need the Anderson for Bazemore or Batum swap now. Melo can play stretch 4 but we need a wing defender badly.

10. watashi315

watashi315 Member

What is Melo giving us??? NO defense and a volume shooter.

11. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

D'Antonio: It is a crime to play defense on my team, especially last year. My team is NOT SUPPOSED to play DEFENSE AT ALL!!
    Daryl Morey: No problem. Let me get rid of Ariza and Luc.
    D'Antonio: :))))) (thumbs up) Good job, my man!
    Daryl Morey: How about Carmelo?
    D'Antonio: OMFG!! Perfect. No D, no Doubt!!

watashi315 and BigShasta like this.
  12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Teams are going to start charging us more in trades because they know we have desperate needs

13. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Warriors top 7

Curry (bad defender)
    Durant (good defender)
    Iguodala (good defender)
    Green (good defender)
    Cousins (bad defender) especially coming off an achilles tear
    Thompson (good defender)
    Livingston (Ok defender)

Rockets top 7 (If we resign Capela and sign Anthony)

Paul (good defender)
    Harden (Ok defender)
    Anthony (bad defender)
    Tucker (good defender)
    Capela (good defender)
    Gordon (good defender)
    Green ( Ok defender)

BigShasta and clutchdabear like this.
  14. txn

txn Member

I don’t think we need Melo to be a top defender in order for us to run it back at least be the second team in the West. All Melo needs to do is improve his defense to Harden’s last season level. Get to the right spot at the right time on the switch defense or get to the help position quick when his teammate need. That should be good enough for us. Harden used to be a horrible defender, if he can do it, so can Melo. I am sure as good as Chris is, he will get Melo minds right. Obviously, losing Ariza and Luc hurt our defense, but if Melo can somehow get to Hardens level on the defense, we should still have a chance at least give Golden State another challenge. Be optimistic here :)

lw17 likes this.
  15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

We needed melo AND Luc, not Melo in place of Luc.

GotGame15, RasaqBoi and mike2k132 like this.
  16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

God i hope we get bazemore.

17. Ryan_Success

Ryan_Success Member

Capela was serviceable when he was matched up on KD. While I understand you don’t want that matchup every possession, Clint’s length bothered KD and I’d rather give up a blow by dunk then a 3 pt shot. What I’m saying is losing Trevor and Luc isn’t going to move the needle vs Golden State. Carmelo + a couple decent defenders that can be had via trade/free agency(vet min) gets you a little closer.

18. Rocketfanatic2

The year is 2030. NBA commissioner Chris Paul has just blocked a trade that would likely increase Golden State's win total for the next season from 24 to 25. The Rockets, with a roster consisting of just Joe Chee and 5 others under contract, are still pursuing Carmelo Anthony with everything they have.

19. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

de'anthony melton... please help us... :eek:

whiskeyred likes this.
  20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Once you served with my father in the Clone Wars....

RocketJedi and clutchdabear like this.