1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets meeting with Michael Carter-Williams? Oh lawd....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by donkeypunch, Jul 1, 2018.

1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Wtf why....??

2. PatBev

PatBev Member

**** that noise

3. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I would rather sign MGK

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'd take him for vet min.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Agreed, i also don't like the idea of eventually give those few minutes to a guy like MCW when i think we should give them to Melton, i'm not a fan of leaving rookies in the d-league all the year, play them a bit here and there, there are 82 freaking games, toon of room to give them some burn and see what they can do, i understand that some are more ready than others, but those who have the physical tools to compete from day one should get some playing time here and there, young players have more chance to develop and get better if you play them with good players, throwing them out there for 45 seconds of garbage time is useless.

Hakeemtheking, malakas and Little Bit like this.
  6. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Maybe he can play better under better management and coaching staff but man the dude has been sucking ever since his rookie season

7. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

[​IMG]

DonKnock, BigShasta and darksoul35 like this.
  8. bmelo

bmelo Member

I think we may need him for practice reasons. He will portray Livingston or something so we can plan better d

9. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Definitely better than MGK.

Vin2k2 likes this.
  10. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Yeah I mean i get that but how much money you think we got? We just trying to pickup cheap players with potential upside at this point.

11. malakas

malakas Member

for the love of god STOP COMPARING MCW TO LIVINGSTON.

Livingston can dribble the ball without it going off his foot at least once every 10 minutes.
    Livingston at least can shoot a midrange jumper.
    Livingston at least can run a fast break without sending the ball off the court.
    Livingston is worlds better : passer, ball handler, shooter, finisher AND defender.

What confidence? Does confidence affect depth perception and hand eye coordination ? No. That's what we call talent.

Zboy and YOLO like this.
  12. HardLin

HardLin Member

Look, its obvious we've become a defense first team. The character of the team has changed. There were only 7 players we could play in the playoffs, because there were only 7 we could trust in our switching defense. MCW would have actually gotten some playing time if we had him, in spite of his horrendous shooting.

In the past we would get people that could shoot and score, that maybe could be taught to defend.
    Now we're getting people that can defend, that maybe can be taught to shoot and score.

13. koby1868

koby1868 Member

We’ve been the biggest losers at free agency. A half away from beating GS and we can’t get anyone worth anything to even look at us. Pathetic.

BigggReddd likes this.
  14. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

MCW is not that bad. Hes talented and just needs to be in the right environment and he can be a productive player off the bench.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

uhh we have no cap space, Ryan Anderson is the single most debilitating asset in the league right now.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The only qualification to be considered these days is "Can he play switch defense?"

lionaire likes this.
  17. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

We dont have cap room dude. Ariza is not worth 15 mil a year. Phoenix is a stupid team, idk why they needed Ariza. That team should keep tanking and stocking up...

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Maybe Chris Paul can help him a bit with his game.

19. GageD

GageD Member

MCW is not a good fit imho. athletic but that potentially prolly tapped out at 26.

20. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

For the vet min... i like this move.