1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UNDISPUTED] Sauces say there is tension between Chris Paul and Rockets over Tillman low-balling

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 22, 2018.

1. basketballholic

Kyle

PHX, UTA, ATL, ....... and possibly OKC are potential Ryan destinations.

PHX is about breaking up Anderson contract into parts.....including a piece or pieces sent to the Cavs for low buyouts.

Invisible Fan and DonKnock like this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It's easy to narrow down "his guy".

1. Gotta be a Free Agent
    2. Had to have played with him previously
    3. Maybe represented by Klutch Sports

Nerlens Noel (1,3)
    Montrezel Harrell (1,3)
    Channing Frye (1,2)
    Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (1,2)
    Mario Chalmers (1,2, Good luck with that because Harden was about to smoke him)

D-rock likes this.
  3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I've heard that too....since it's July 1st.

TexasRedd, KlutchQT and justtxyank like this.
  4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

We only have until the 30th to make every move possible to get LeBron in an opt in and trade, so it's great to have a quick timeline.

DonKnock likes this.
  5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

"his guy" is either tristan thompson or jr smith. those are the only guys on the cavs other than love who were on the championship team. and the cavs would be looking to get out of their contracts. i'd prefer tristan as a backup center to jr as a back 2/3, but he's tied to khloe and idk how james would feel about that so maybe its jr?

saying goodbye to a few staples while watching out for the suns could mean a 3 way deal that looks like this:

SUNS get: ryno, hou FRP, hou SRP, cash
    CAVS get (a few staples): gordon, tucker, qi, nanu, jackson (if we pick up his option we can be included for salary, hou FRP, hou SRP
    ROCKETS get: lebron, smith

the cavs could easily flip gordon and tucker for firsts which would net them a total of 3 firsts and ~$25M in savings this year to really start the rebuild. the suns can actually use ryno, but they get cash and picks anyway.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Lebron isn't happening. We aren't even being considered.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Stop. 95% he's coming here. What? You don't believe me? Yule C.

;):rolleyes:

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Phoenix has always been the most logical Ryno destination to me. Dudley + Chandler works. Neither player is in Phoenix's future plans. Ryno, apart from his contract, is respected and doesn't have any baggage. There's no reason to believe if we made it worth their while Phoenix wouldn't be a willing trade partner. Plus, both Dudley and Chandler are playable in a pinch if we ended up keeping one or both.

That said, I'm sure DM is hard at work trying to create his own Dwight/Mozgov deal where he exploits another woefully inept GM into absorbing a hideous contract like Ryno's for minimal assets. GM's tend to not be as stupid as Mitch Kupchak, though. The Phoenix deal might be DM's fallback option.

As far as who LeBron's "guy" is, I think it's pretty obviously D-Wade. Their history is no secret and he's a free agent.

9. today

today Contributing Member

Just please tell me that PJ is going to stay!

Deuce, DonKnock, Richie_Rich and 2 others like this.
  10. justtxyank

I don't think we are going to move Ryno if we can't do it for a useful piece. The cost to move him is prohibitive if nothing useful is coming back.

As for who Lebron's guy is, I'll play around with this fantasy: It's Kyle Korver. Lebron called Korver his guy during the playoffs.

DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I get that and it's a valid point, but Ryno also played himself out of the rotation. The on-court product doesn't suffer much. I guess it would all come down to how much we would have to sweeten the pot. If it's multiple 1sts, I agree it's not worth it. Not if it doesn't net us a significant contributor.

Where it could get interesting is if you add Gordon (+Ryno) and Bender (+Dudley/Chandler), is that enough to get us out of Ryno's deal without surrendering any future draft picks? Especially, if you have a good feeling a Redick/Bradley/Tyreke type is interested in MLE level money.

12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I agree but I think the useful piece will be the LT savings to Tilman. I think Ryan is gone if the cost is a 1st rounder.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Why? Is it because the talking heads said so? I'll believe it when it's over, but I put it at about 1% of him coming. It's fun to keep 1% hope. It always had to appear like we weren't the real threat to get him here. LeBron has 2 options that he could easily get to (LA + Philly) now if he tells Cleveland, hey, I'm going to walk OR I'd prefer to go to Houston to play with my friends and you'll get picks, Cleveland has an option on whether to trade him after he opts in. Guess what? 1% drops to 0% July 1, 2018, when free agency starts.

14. justtxyank

He hadn't played himself out of the rotation, he got hurt.

If all it costs is 1 first round, then yes of course. If it costs two and we are taking back contracts that aren't useful then I'd be surprised.

15. justtxyank

This just represents such a misunderstanding of Lebron's leverage.

Why does Lebron need to create so much misdirection about being interested in Houston when nobody else has ever needed to do that ahead of free agency? Chris Paul didn't hide his interest in Houston. The Rockets didn't hide their interest in him. Harden didn't pretend we didn't need help.

16. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

LeBron ain't coming ya'll. Harden doesn't want him here and LeBron's family needs glitz and glamour.

Marteen likes this.
  17. lionaire

lionaire Member

His guy is Korver btw

DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Because he has to force a trade. This information in the media is not directly from LeBron, it's from back channels about his management talking to different teams, it's about CP3 downplaying rumors.

No ONE was talking about OKC getting Paul George. No One was talking about Boston getting Kyrie. Both happened out of nowhere essentially.

It's a trade in this situation and not a simple one either. It's going to take 4 parties to come together. LeBron, Houston, Cleveland and a third team as our Anderson dumping ground. It's why I have it at 1%, not some actual significant chance.

Just remember there is about a 0% chance that Eric Gordon is still here if LeBron is traded here. EGo was there with him last night. CP3 had several avenues of getting here, it just ended up being the collection of players that it ended up being. There are about three moves we could make to get LeBron here and in all of them Eric is gone.

D-rock likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

his guy couldn't play against GS either

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I am fine with losing anyone not in our starting 5 if it means upgrading the team with a 3rd all-star

Gordon, Anderson, Nene, Qi, Onauku, future FRP or SRP

I really want to keep Tucker the dude is the type of role player this team needs to be successful.