1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Fair point on Harden-Paul giving Paul opportunities, though I’d say it’s not the first time that Harden has deferred in key playoff moments, something you haven’t been able to say about Lebron in at least 5 years and probably not since losing the first Miami final to the Mavs. I also agree that if this is truly a basketball/legacy decision for Lebron, it’s difficult to argue that joining Harden and Paul in Houston isn’t one of the best if not the best option. But don’t convince yourself that the Lakers can’t pull off a James + Paul + third star option. The league wants it, the media wants it, and I can assure you the league’s most iconic organization wants it.

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lebron should really be careful in turning us down...he already did that one time few years ago, he better watch out, you know what happens at those who wante to leave or refuse to come to Houston...

[​IMG]

fckbandwagons and hakeem94 like this.
  3. itsoktobealone

You're right. We'd be a 3x better defensive team and a bit less offensive than the Rockets. And I think you're selling the Rockets too low. You're basically an 82-0 team.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Play style really suggest he is laker bound....Rolls Eyes.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

The Rockets won 65 games last season. Five games away from the 70 wins he was talking about. They finished 30 games ahead of the Lakers.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Rockets would have won 70 games if Paul and Harden hadn't missed so many games, and surely would have won against GS if Paul had not gotten injured. Kerr's claim of a 4-1 win with Iggy would have been neutralized by a healthy Luc too.

7. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

For Paul, sure. For Lebron, hopefully we have news sooner.

Fullcourt likes this.
  8. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Pshissshhh!!!
    Paul not injured Luc not injured + iggy healthy = Rockets in 6. That mobile, lengthy front court of capela, tucker, Luc would have shut down anything from three point line and in... especially with Clint’s dominance in the paint.

Bobsputin likes this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Ok, I'll play along ... "Tranquility", huh?

"Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

#3269 Dr of Dunk, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Clint's inability to run the P/R successfully was a problem for the most part. This limited his role. A healthy Luc along with Ariza, would have caused huge problems to Durant. Durant did struggle for long stretches. Luc would have been to stretch the floor with his jumper too. He is more versatile than Iggy. He can defend from 1-3's and even backup 4's. Klay wouldn't have been able to go off on him. Harden played defense with all his heart. He showed he was no longer a defensive sieve. Clint did play well in Game 7 and his rim protection was great throughout the playoffs.

Chris would have continued to punish Curry on offense and defense. EG would take care of the rest. PJ did a great job on Draymond, but losing Chris in particular, made us lose gas quickly and miss shots. Rockets 4-3 or even 4-2 was indeed a possibility. GS was terrified with Chris Paul's presence.

Hakeemtheking and RyanB like this.
  11. AkeemOlaDROwon

I’m not an inside source but I have someone that may be. Hearing offers are on the table to move Ryan Anderson’s contract. Charlotte and Milwaukee. EG would be involved. Most likely nothing happening on our end until mid-July after free agency movement occurs. Rox are concerned about Capelas contract. I’m not drunk, lying, or trolling but reliable source told me. I have no knowledge of anything on Lebron or if the trade offers have anything to do with him. I don’t know what stage these trade offers are at or which team initiated the talks. Just wanted to share.

BigMaloe, MadMax, brosef and 19 others like this.
  12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Hmm intradasting...

BigMaloe likes this.
  13. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Really hope we can replace Gordon if we trade him.

saleem likes this.
  14. lionaire

lionaire Member

I'll gladly take Middleton, Snell and Delly for EG and Ryan

pippendagimp and mikol13 like this.
  15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Gotta love empirical data!

ryano2009, DonKnock and Plowman like this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

LeBron not interested in elaborate free agent pitches

The billboards that have gone up in several cities around the country trying to recruit LeBron James have been a fun spectacle. But they aren't necessarily the type of pitch James is looking for as he considers whether to become a free agent this week.

James has until Friday to pick up his $35.6 million player option with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

While James hasn't decided yet whether to pick up his player option, sources close to the situation tell ESPN that he has no intention of hearing elaborate pitch meetings from teams.

James might meet or speak with a club official or owner at some point, but the elaborate presentations that have become common in NBA free agency over the years are unnecessary after 15 seasons in the league.

Should James become a free agent, league sources believe he and his agents Rich Paul and Mark Termini have enough understanding of the stakes and NBA landscape to handle the process without much fanfare.

James went through a much more elaborate courtship when he was a free agent in 2010. The Knicks, Heat, Bulls, Nets, Cavs and Clippers flew delegations in to make presentations to him, and he announced he was joining the Heat in a televised special.

When he was a free agent in 2014, James only met with the Heat and Cavs owner Dan Gilbert in person. Instead Paul and Termini met with the Bulls, Lakers, Suns, Rockets and Mavericks at the Klutch Sports office in Cleveland.

He announced his decision to return to the Cavaliers in a letter published by Sports Illustrated.

17. xaos

xaos Member

I would love having Malcolm Brogdon come over. Not likely, but he’d be a really nice piece here.

18. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Lebron deferred to Kyrie often. In many clutch situations, it was Kyrie taking the big shot. Why wouldn't he, if you're drawing all of the attention then it's the smart play. Even Jordan deferred to Steve Kerr for a championship winning shot.

Paul is going nowhere.

BigMaloe, Deuce, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

if Lebron doesn’t want any elaborate pitches in free agency then

Bron+Harden+CP3=titles

Bron in LA < Houston

20. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Lol. It was an ISO fest. There was no fundamental difference in how they were guarded.

justtxyank likes this.