1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Are the Rockets shopping Eric Gordon?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

My post from the other thread...

I think it is obvious here what Morey is saying is Gordon for pick(s).

Basically the "Kyle Lowery" trade. Like when the Rockets traded him to Toronto for that reverse protection pick. The pick that was paramount in the James Harden trade.

If the Rockets were willing to move Gordon for trade chips, I guess they feel good about what is out there for the MLE to replace Gordon as the team's 6th man.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

I'm glad Eric Gordon is still a Rocket. Eric is a true professional and I hope he retires a Rocket.

RKREBORN, jevjnd, tinman and 19 others like this.
  4. Purvis's shorts

I like Gordon. I hope we keep him.

5. radiohunk

radiohunk Member

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Rockets won't hardcap themselves with the Full MLE.

But I do agree with you that this is a sign that Rockets did feel good about flipping EGo picks for Lebron, in which case, the don't really need a 6MOY of the bench.

BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Morey knows we have to get better. All the talk of running it back isn't good enough and he knows it. This team left everything on the court this past season and there's no way we can expect that kind of performance against the Warriors again (first five games I mean.) The level of intensity and defensive commitment we displayed was something no one has thrown at the Warriors to that point. That takes a lot of out of you mentally and now that team has go another 82 games and 2 rounds before they get another shot? Nope. You MUST inject new life in the form of a third star.

dlite316, Sajan, Deckard and 26 others like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good read, I think that what is interesting is all the deals that don't get done. It must be hard for Morey to trade pieces when we are this close....this will be his biggest challenge as a GM, not screwing up a championship ready team......that was one injury away from that ring.

DD

9. justtxyank

I don't see how it has to do with Lebron. If Lebron is planning to come here we don't have to get an amazing asset to entice the Cavs unless it's to get them to eat Ryno's contract I guess.

More likely seems like what Clutch suggested which is that they are preparing for all possibilities, including the "what if no Lebron" possibility of pursuing someone else that will require a real asset.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The assumption was taxpayer MLE, not full since the team will be in the LT.

saleem and justtxyank like this.
  11. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

There's no way in hell that our crap 3-point shooting late in that series, particular in second halves, wasn't a result of the incredible defensive effort we put in. We should expect the same effect if we meet the Dubs again. We should absolutely not tell ourselves that if only we play that kind of defense again, we will shoot better and win.

Sajan, tycoonchip, tinman and 10 others like this.
  12. Coach E

Coach E Member

Everything has to do with LeBron.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Currency exchange - excellent analogy.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

oh, guess I just assume the lower MLE doesn't have EGo replacement potential, but rather split between Luc and sumpin else minor.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

ClutchFans Report: Seems Like Things Are Really Heating Up

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Well, my HOPE is, because of CP3/team culture Luc takes the 120% raise. And the taxpayer MLE FA looks as Houston's title chances and ROLE and accepts perhaps a smaller contract because of the situation. I could be wrong. But I am putting faith in the team culture/CP3 as a place where the Rockets can get a bit of the benefit of the doubt as it relates to getting value FA's at slightly lesser costs all things considered.

saleem likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

I posted in here a month ago that I was told that Eric Gordon let it be known to those around him that he would welcome a trade.

So I am not terribly surprised at all. It isn't a Leonard situation where he is going to go public, but he doesn't feel he is being used properly.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

well these guys know when the writing is on the wall. Just like when cp3 was the target for houston, Beverley realized that he would be one of the guys to have to go. Lebron is the obvious target here now, and not surprisingly EG knows he would likely be one of the pieces that would have to go.

I don't think its about being used properly at all bc hes absolutely being used correctly. its just about knowing with the possibility of an elite player coming in, you are a piece likely on the way out

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  19. justtxyank

Right, exactly. We can't expect 30+ year old role players to play their balls off on defense AND get Harden's best defensive effort against a team where you can't create any easy offense with Capela PnR and still expect them to stay hot from 3.

tinman and chievous minniefield like this.
  20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A very good post. EG is a valuable asset. If he wants a change of scenery, his trade value may decrease. I didn't think he was worth a mid first rounder.