1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Prepare for an insane off season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nook, May 28, 2018.

1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

We'd have to give up Paul's birds rights

saleem likes this.
  2. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Instead of suggesting, I'd like it if you could provide the clause that prevents this from occurring. Just trying to learn how the CBA prevents teams and players from taking advantage of a potential loophole.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Ok... :rolleyes:

4. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Core Players : Ariza, Harden, Tucker, CP3, Capela. Luc and Green on min vet deals or close to it.. Gordon gone.. Ryno and the Rest of the Garbage can go! 2 firsts and this year 2nd as Ammo to make Ryno go away.. Gordon can recoup what we lost dealing Ryno... Hopefully good vets want to play with Harden and CP3.. scorers another star that wants to prolong their career.

whiskeyred and hakeem94 like this.
  5. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Rockets need to sign Tyeke Evans instead of Ariza can play wing and both guard positions, got handles, can score and pass and rebound.. can give cp3 a breather, harden etc..

6. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

This will certainly be an interesting off-season. I'll believe LeBron when I see him in Rocket's Red. I'm sure DM will have multiple plans ready depending on how things unfold, but we need to be ready to resign CP3 and Capela, then see who of Ariza, Luc, and GG will sign cheap. After that, I think we need to get younger and add another PG (Avery Bradley would be ideal, but Marcus Smart or Derrick Rose would do), SF (Mario Hezonja is a sleeper who could be really good in this offense), PF (resign Luc) and C (DeAndre Jordan would be awesome).

7. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

This offseason we definitely do need a backup point guard with some playmaking abilities and can play some defense. I was thinking in trading for one of Johnathan Simmons, Patrick Beverley(pipe dream:(), DJ Agustin. There are some decent point guards/combo guards available via free agency this offseason like Tyreke Evans, Will Barton, Cory Joseph, Elfrid Payton, JJ Reddick, Danny Green. We definitely have potential to upgrade the backup 1/2 spot this offseason.
    For wings I was think Wilson Chandler, Jeff Green, Tobias Harris, etc....
    Bigs wise we could go for Kyle O'Quinn, Jamychal Green, Dewayne Dedmon, Deandre Jordan, etc..
    All in all, the Rockets organization have plenty of options this offseason to improve defensively and sign some decent 3-point shooters. I'm hoping we can resign CP3 and Capela to team friendly deals and try to sign another all star this offseason. Of course i'm being optimistic but I am really curious how Morey upgrades the team next season.

hakeem94 and theoldblood like this.
  8. Vanilla Thunder

Vanilla Thunder Contributing Member

I really, really don't want LeBron on this team. I know, I know...heresy. Makes me a hater or whatever.

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You think DJ is gonna opt out and leave $25m on the table ?! ….. Or are you gonna pay DJ the same $25m it will cost to keep a younger Capela for the next 4 years ?!

saleem likes this.
  10. illwil29

illwil29 Member

I thought it was rumored DJ would give Houston a discount. I love Capella but if someone offers him the max I don’t think we should hinder our long term flexibility. It maybe wrong but I think DJ wants out of that fiasco in LA

MyLateRegistration likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am sure Sachin Gupta has all of the trade scenarios and cap ramifications already worked out.

D-rock and Nook like this.
  12. mockster

mockster Member

Deandre Jordan will be here with or without capela.

13. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

For everyone clamoring to "Stretch" anderson.. please SHUT UP.

His salary is needed to make trades happen. With 2 years and $42 million, he isnt immovable. He will be moved, but it will just cost the Rockets.

But then again, we are ALL IN, so might as well.

But stop mentioning the Rockets just eating his money. It will serve no purpose. It will just be dead money. It wont get you under the cap to sign other players. Nothing. Soooo SHHHHHHHHH!

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

DJ has a player option for next season which is ~$25m …. Is he really gonna opt out and come play for the peanuts the Rockets can offer ?

What they can offer him is either a veterans minimum or the taxpayer MLE.

Is he gonna leave $20m on the table ?! The chances are slim and none ….. and slim just left the building.

15. TheMountainTop

16. wesbound

wesbound Member

Where did you get that Gordon would rather play elsewhere?

17. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Why not?

18. Vanilla Thunder

Vanilla Thunder Contributing Member

Basically it is just following the path of least resistance...It renders 28 of 30 NBA teams irrelevant barring major injury. It wouldn't even feel like a Rockets title...It would just be another lap in LeBron's GOAT victory tour.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's still better, than no title at all. The chances of that are very slim, so it might be a moot point.

20. BigO

BigO Member

Anyone thinking Hezonja, i doubt it he will cut for us. We need mentally tough dudes, the ones who can D up against Warriors, the ones WITHOUT mental lapses on D and i just dont see it in him.