1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey why don't you want Lebron?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Jun 1, 2018.

1. nemac

nemac Member

fify

2. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Literally everybody I know is a “LeBron” fan only like damn theirs a whole league out their. Bronsexuals gonna come in tripping. But I would rather have LeBron than watch the Warriors in the finals again. Well , not watch cuz I’m done with basketball this year.

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

but you are okay with cp3 getting injured again in playoffs and we losing to worriers with only harden left to carry the team?
    there is a huge probability of cp3 getting injured again cause he does it ever year like a clockwork...

look at lebron signing as cp3 injury insurance

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I look at the lebron signing as the best player signing.

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah agree but it was a tip for fooling the mind of those whose minds are playing mindtricks on them not to want lebron

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey decides, and when and if he decides, he will do mind tricks on his own as well, you can be sure of that.

You do that even if they or whoever hate Lebron.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

On what planet? What do you call what happened Saturday and Monday night? Did you enjoy that the NBA decided we weren't allowed to play in the Finals? Somebody is the devil and it's not us.

Lawlruschang and hakeem94 like this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I regret posting my answer to OP. Doesn't seem like you really want to know how some of us feel about it. Rather just want to tell us we need to think like you.

is that it?

HP3 likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yep.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I believe I responded to only one of your posts but I asked questions and it is a forum and you have been around a long time. I have watched the Rockets for 40 years and there have been different types of basketball and levels of competition for different eras. I asked the question as a follow up to your NBA 2K premise (I understand where you are going). What is an acceptable team to root for when we traded for Harden and CP3? We are unique in that we are by definition a Frankenteam that is always different and always able to become a cohesive unit. LeBron didn't put this team together, Marley did. What happens if we get another all-star and its PG13? Is that acceptable? In the past it was 1 on 4 and this year was 2 on 4. There are other superteams in this era that will get other players and competition will be different. Some take the position that they don't like LeBron and some take the position that we gain an unfair advantage with him and some both. With you I am trying to understand.

I have my problems with him because he is a drama queen but feel that would be somewhat lessened here due to the stability. We adapted CP3 along with Tucker, EGo, Ariza, Green, Luc, Nene as part of the family. Some are afraid this would become his team and I think that to some degree you have to expect/accept parts of that but if the team wants it why do we have a problem with it? I actually think he will mesh better in a more stable environment. This isn't Dwert and this isn't LeBron's team. In each of the previous cases the majority of the team was constructed by LeBron. The media may have one feeling but how the team functions together seems to be the only thing that matters to us. I feel the Rockets have proven they beat the Warriors. Now the challenge is how to get better. If there are potentially 4 superteams that would seem to match up closer with the past, specifically the 80s. The 90s teams sported 2-3 homegrown stars, the 80s had 4-5 stars put together. This era will pass and maybe there is more balance in the next one.

heypartner, Lawlruschang and hakeem94 like this.
  12. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Kinda late to the party but I'm one of those who really don't want LeBron here.

He's great himself but everything around him: the fans, the media, the storyline are all cancer. It's because LeBron's legacy now relies on the story of him being a one man team. When he gets here all we're gonna hear are how CP3 and Harden are trash, Mike D is trash, even Morey is trash and they're all being carried by LeBron. He's a unique case of where it's not seen as a player winning a championship for a team but a team being a tool for a player to win a championship. I want the Houston Rockets to win not the Houston LeBrons.

13. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

This makes no sense... We took them to seven games this year and would have beaten then if not for any one of a series of unlucky events favoring GS. Injuries, one-sided officiating, and an aberrationally bad streak of missed three pointers.

If we add Lebron to that team, we're not "evenly matched" with the Warriors. We utterly demolish them, and if we don't, it's just embarrassing. Hell, even if we just replace Chris Paul with Lebron, we should absolutely destroy them.

I'm not saying we shouldn't try to improve, but how is it even fun to watch us win at that point? We just won 65 games and would have beaten the warriors if not for bad luck, and you want to at the greatest player of all time to that team? Everyone would expect us to win every game at that point, and it's no surprise when we do, where as it's just humiliating when we don't. That's not competition, and that's not a rewarding way to compete or watch a team compete.

If you enjoy that, good for you, but that's not for me.

HP3 likes this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If someone doesn't want LeBron because they are a fan of THIS Rockets team (lead by Harden as the best player along with CP3) and want THIS team to win a championship....I understand that line of thinking.

BUT, we don't get to "pick and chose" our path to a championship. It would be nice to be able to write our own narrative.

Nothing beats the narrative of drafting a player from the hometown (Hakeem) and then having that player take the team to the title.

BUT, we don't get to pick and chose the path. Just like we can't go to the "Superstar Store" and pick and choose the exact star we want that "doesn't have any warts."

You have to get the best players you can and hope they work together. And if you are LUCKY, you win the title.

Warriors fans love Curry, Thompson and Green. They don't love KD. They appreciate him. They know he is important to winning titles.

Last year, CP3 was an outsider joining the Rockets. How do you feel about CP3 now? Does he feel entrenched in the fabric of this team? Feels that way to me. I would venture to say, IF the Rockets get LUCKY and get LeBron, those of us over time would appreciate it and appreciate the journey.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Thats flat out wrong and you know it.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

But they way people feela bout those championships are different, you cant just sit here and say blah blah championships are championships even multiple people have already given their opinion about how they would feel about it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I used to like KD and still like his game. Those were the times to be alive.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

I initially did not want lebron because i want a HOUSTON championship. Not a hired-gun mercenary of sorts.

But that is not to say i do not like lebron. Have extreme respect and admiration for the guy.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

So you’re more concerned about how irrelevants will look at us over winning and improving. Ok

20. igotwhipscollectingdust

Lebron needs to come here. I don’t care how harden feels.