1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Ryan Anderson could cost the Rockets over $100M next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 29, 2018.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I respect that you think more highly of clutchfans than of NBA coaching staffs.

napalm06 and Why not? like this.
  2. Why not?

Why not? Member

EG probably, PJ definitely not.

Deckard likes this.
  3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

If Anderson and his tree fiddy was worth a 3/7 night it’s a tie game. He could go 3/7 every single night and we’d be happy. He’s shown plenty capable to do it. He’s so afraid of missing 4 shots that’s he can’t make the 3. He has to be wide open to shoot and he chokes when he’s wide open.

What happened to him hitting 28 footers all the time?

4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I thought Anderson had one year left. The hits keep coming.

Devastating is an understatement. I'll be back in October. :(

Zboy and ReignSupreme like this.
  5. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

The year after next, he actually becomes a huge asset to a cap strapped team. $20 million at the trade deadline is enormous.

Be prepared for him to be with the Rockets next year though. Unless Morey plans on giving up Gordon and a pick, we're in the same boat that we were in a year ago. I still believe he can contribute to this team, any team, in some capacity next season. He will find his shot, he will get some minutes back. 6'11" with a career 40% 3pt from the corner. Hard to find, which is why we signed him in the first place.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Assuming there are no takers for Ryan's contract, why not just release him and use the stretch provision to spread his 20 mil over 3 years - also if he joins another club, the Rockets can subtract some of that for additional cap relief. seem this would minimize the luxury tax a great deal potentially since it is very likely some club would give him a $5 mil or more contract.

Aruba77 and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I'm no cap expert, but this is ultimately what i see happening. it feels like a better alternative than dumping picks and really good players like EG and PJ just to get Anderson off the books. I think we want to keep those guys or use them to get another piece.

I haven't heard anyone raise this, but i wonder if the Knicks would have taken anderson this offseason with additional compensation (re the rumored Melo trade), and i wonder what Morey was willing (or unwilling) to give them.

#87 Aruba77, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
    JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

lol...just figured out....feel sorry for you dawg....

#88 Zboy, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

We have an aging roster.

We cant wait for Ryan to blossom into a trading asset.

bilaal14, slothy420 and cheke64 like this.
  10. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

He can trade him for a more useless or even toxic player, example melo;), but a smaller contract, then strech it

bilaal14 and tinman like this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

On to the next unicorn stretch 4. I've always said it, Morey needs to stop this quest.

12. forchette49

Can you wait for Gordon plus a draft pick to be gone then?

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Can you wait for Chris Paul to play on crutches?

Chris Paul > EG.

Chris Paul aint waiting passively for Ryan Anderson situation to resolve on its own.

hongxingli likes this.
  14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Ryan Anderson

Super scrub

I told you fools that no amount of positive vibes will help his sorry ass

Instead send positive vibes to the entire team.

bilaal14 and hou$tonScrew$tonTX like this.
  15. forchette49

He might not have a choice though is the thing...

16. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

So agree, saw him shooting 3s and ignored his piss poor defense and mental midget. He buckled to the floor on a Curry crossover/stepback. It was horrible watching him trying to guard anyone. We have to double team just to keep him in the game.

17. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

We will have to give up Anderson, money, and an asset of some value to get him off the books. We will have to target a team that has a very low cap number and can absorb his contract and values stashing assets. My thinking is that the asset may have to be as high as a first rounder to unload the contract, which, all things consider, may not be horrible if indeed it gets the money off the books (though it would impede our ability to collect young players the way GSW has been able to do over the past few years).

18. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I dont know that you can call it a mistake. In hindsight, yes. At the time, Anderson was highly coveted, and fit very well into our offensive scheme. The team dynamics have changed, our expectations have changed, and RA no longer fits the team philosophy the way he once did. Frankly, he probably could have been used more vs. the Jazz and T-Wolves, but the Warriors are a uniquely bad matchup for him, and his skillset just doesnt mesh with the roster right now. Morey has to figure out a way to move him, and chances are that he somehow will, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

19. Karolik

Karolik Member

dude makes Lin's contract seem like a bargain. **** this useless punk.

bilaal14 likes this.
  20. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

For someone who played as little as he did, he dramatically swung the momentum of game 7 out of our favor.

I can't believe how bad he is. Reggie Miller is a rockets hater, and even he said how badly we needed to get Ryan off the court.

The team should take a step back and realize how he hurt us last playoffs, and now this playoffs.

bilaal14 likes this.