1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Main Reasons why Rockets "Lost" This Series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, May 28, 2018.

1. gotsis

gotsis Member

Gordon, seriously?

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We have Harden they have 2 superstars and 2 allstars... i mean damn...

3. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

1. CP3 hurt, midrange game gone when 3s failed
    2. LMM confidence shot, have to rely on ice cold Ariza more
    3. Harden loses ability to hit 3s in Game 6
    4. Whole team can't hit a 3 in Game 7
    5. Refs screwed momentum in Game 7

thats game

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You have to overcome whatever the refs are calling. I don't see any Rockets blaming the refs in the post-game here. They know they shot poorly. You're trying to pick and choose what fouls should have been called for us to win the game. Cherry pick away. We still lost because we didn't hit enough shots.

5. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

against a team that is on worse footing than you, i agree. but no against 4 all stars it is extremely difficult to overcome the refs. historically a 5-6 point differential is the difference between an average and championship team. i counted 12-13, which was the difference between the warriors and new york knicks and brooklyn nets this season. we are not as much better than the warriors as we/they are compared to the nets/knicks

rockets aren't blaming the refs because 1. they are grown men and 2. they could have won despite it if they had shot better

i didn't pick and choose anything. i'm just listing the blatant missed calls I saw

janpwnz likes this.
  6. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

You can't really blame Ryan Anderson for this. The league wasn't completely evolved into this 3's & layup game when we signed him. He served us quite well the first couple of years as he stretches the floor and that was part of the reason why Harden was able to put up crazy numbers. After awhile our Rockets' weakness just get exposed and Ryan would be a net negative when being expose. Therefore he rarely sees any daylight nowadays. He could be a perfect fit when you have a dominant center like Prime Shaq/Dwight someone who can just single handily defend the paint. Unfortunately, our team don't build that way and he doesn't fit our scheme moving forward.

7. Know Your Role

Overreaction post. Keep Gordon. Need time to clear head. No Anderson ever again though.