1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/28/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 27, 2018.

1. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

So frustrating when the refs do exactly what everyone says they will do. Rockets up by 11 at half, refs decide to swallow their whistle in the 3rd. Warriors completely mug the Rockets and get no calls and they magically start hitting shots.

Just f***ing ridiculous.

There were literally 10 points left on the table for the Rockets. 2 no calls when Harden gets mugged on a three and a garbage foul on the floor call when Harden was clearly shooting.

10 points left on the table... in a 9 point ball game.

And that doesnt even include two OBVIOUS moving screens on Curry threes and Gordon getting absolutely destroyed on a layup.

The part that REALLY pisses me off is that when they called the "4 point play" early, the Warriors berated the refs. Kerr and every player on the court yells at them. So what do the refs do? Listen to them, apparently, because they never looked for it again. Once again the team that botches and moans at the refs more than any team in the league got it their way.

Yet another Cavs vs. Warriors finals. Yet another NBA Finals I wont watch a single second of.

2. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Yes and now I don't have to cancel all of my bridge games like I did the past 2 weeks. Seriously, though, this really sucks because I think everyone in their heart knew that the Rockets were the better team if they were completely healthy. Warriors miss Andre Iguodala?? So what, us missing Chris Paul was way more advantageous for the Warriors than them having AI out.

slothy420, BigShasta and J.R. like this.
  3. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Sucks because the Rockets had the game in their hands and then the refs started the downhill trend with the horrible officiating and the rockets end up not being able to make a single shot all while curry and klay thompson caught fire.

Crazy cause we should be in the finals. The rockets fought their asses off and put themselves in a position to win. Refs shouldn't have this much impact on the game. Ridiculous.

BigM likes this.
  4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Well said. Just wanted to second it.

ak99999 likes this.
  5. TheSource

TheSource Member

6. TAB

TAB Member

We played our ass off in the 1st half, got tired, started brickin' 3's and they made just about all of em it seemed. What can you do. I'm still wearin my rox gear tomorrow with no shame. Anybody not proud of this team and puttin the blame on reffing or anything else is a chump.

Patience likes this.
  7. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Warriors are the more talented team, but they were not the better team for the majority of the game. The refs helped swing this game in their favor with key non calls on the Warriors. There were 3 three point fouls on Harden that they neglected to call. One took away a shot at a four point play in the 3rd half, and the Rockets lost 2 points on the possession. The others cost the Rockets potentially six points from Harden free throws in the first half. I think a 17 point halftime lead would’ve been a wee bit tougher for the Warriors to come back from. In the 3rd, I think the four point play from Harden pushing the lead to 12 would’ve helped the Rockets stem the Warriors tide, too. Then, on the possession that gave the Warriors the lead, Jordan Bell is allowed to play offensive lineman and block for Curry so he gets a clean look at a corner three while the Rockets drive to the bucket and were getting mugged with no calls.

Sorry, but this wasn’t a case of the Warriors flipping a switch at halftime and just making shots. They missed a ton of shots too. With four minutes left in the 3rd, the Rockets still had a three point lead.

8. Manny Ramirez

Exactly those 5 calls or no-calls are going to haunt us for a very long time. And I agree, no watching of the NBA Finals for me. Cleveland will be lucky to win one game.

ak99999 and rantsolpuella13 like this.
  9. Chamillionaire

I'm gonna take his word that Lebron is coming here, although I still have my doubts. There are so many pieces we need to get rid of.

Keep Harden, Paul, Tucker, Capela, Prince (making min.), everybody else can go IMO.

buffalobills!!! and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. dannah

dannah Member

Agreed, Rockets fought, did everything they could...Refs just impact the game too much...game is too fast, too much contact, which means they can pretty much decide what they call

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Lebron isn’t leaving Cleveland again after reaching the finals period. If they didn’t he would of left not no more.

Let’s say he does come here we are one injury away for either lebron or cp3 or harden and it’s a wrap. Then we have to gut the team to acquire him. I was all about losing Gordon before but now “No Way” he carried us at time and hit big shots.

12. NickKent

NickKent Member

Who would you have played instead? Mbah a Moute was a ghost out there, you saw what RyNo did tonight? Iso Joe provided basically nothing.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

cheers, brehs. Was nice fighting wit y’all. Brutal 3rd quarters.

Remlap and The Hunted like this.
  14. dannah

dannah Member

Keep Gordon too

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Love doc.
    But not buying this one.

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well that sucked...

Tfor3 likes this.
  17. Chamillionaire

The refs ****ed us. I couldn't agree with you more. So many variables to why we lost, but our inability to make shots was the main reason for me followed by the miscalls which did give them momentum that we initially had.

BRICK BRICK BRICK BRICK BRICK BRICK BRICK... that's how I will remember the past few games followed by how the refs ****ed us.

Tfor3 likes this.
  18. rocketsrule1995

The refs played a good part in keeping the warriors in the game but here's a painfully honest take.
    1. You can not shoot that bad in the second half to me it had to be fatigue harden, Gordon, Tucker, Ariza they are good, not great shooters and once exhausted the percentages will plummet.
    2. Harden needs another ball handler that's what CP3 was for when he gets tired he tends to panic or over think.
    3. I feel hurt but so do these rockets they wanted it bad look at Capela crying., Ariza staying afterward, Green just looking defeated and obviously, harden and Paul robbed of what would have been a finals trip.
    4.Im grateful because years past this would have been a blow out loss.
    3.I'll leave with this tucker, Mbah Moute, green, Ariza, all earned money and are going to be free agents. This was the most successful rockets year in my life but sad, heartbroken, and just angry I have to wonder if this was it. Do the players leave, do we replace them and if so how do you replace the fight and talent with not a lot of cap space. Great Season! but typical rockets to just get the short end of the stick.

Patience likes this.
  19. Newlin

Newlin Member

We lost by 9 points, and we missed 37 threes. Think about that.

20. Manny Ramirez

What the hell are you talking about? Did you not see Harden bank a 3 while getting fouled only to have our Scott Foster say it was on the floor? Did you not see Harden get fouled another time shooting a 3? Did you not see Eric Gordon get hammered into next week and no call was made? Did you not see Jordan Bell drive Harden into the Rockets bench so Stephanie Curry could hit one of his magical 3's? that is about 10 points there dude that went to the other team when it shouldn't have. To quote Airplane! - surely you can't be serious about the officiating?!!

Remlap and Drogba like this.