1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anderson Ariza And Gordon Need To Go In The Off Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DJboutit, May 28, 2018.

1. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Gordon can stay for the right price now Capela.. he needs to go. We can use the money for Tucker + LeBron or PG. Should be able to get our prince back on a good deal too

2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

You need to go. You're a god damned idiot. AriZa shot terribly yes but he is instrumental to our defense. Stupid comment. Anderson is the only one who needs to go and that's because he's in a big rut and his contract isn't worth it. Gordon? Again; you're a god damn idiot.

3. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

We need a wing that can create his own shot off the Dribble.. Ariza can't do that! I been saying it forever! someone who can dribble and drive to the hole!

4. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Gordon should stay. Anderson needs to go. I'd like us to keep Ariza, but only for the vet min.

If we're going to stick with this system then we MUST get some better 3-point shooters.

Oh, and Capela should stay (and work on his free throws). Anyone who wants him gone is being absurd.

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Anderson is the reason Curry got hot. GG for Ariza.

6. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

EG was the only deep threat and guy that got to the rim besides Harden and you think we should get rid of him? Lol!!

Get rid of Ariza and Anderson. Ariza is old, slow, an inconsistent shooter and overrated defender. Playing Anderson tonight on Curry was a big, big mistake. One of the stupidest movies I’ve seen in a long time. I would be the equivalent of Harden being guarded by a slow seven footer. It’s a no contest. Dumb, dumb, dumb !!

Morey needs to replace the bench with young, energetic, guys that can shoot if he wants to run this offense. Hell, even a guy like Nick Young would thrive in this offense. We can’t rely on Harden and a few good defenders to beat GS. Tucker is a keeper as is Capella, but Moret need not overpay for either.

7. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Keep Harden, Paul, Capela, Gordon, Tucker for sure. Only let Gordon go if can get piece for a LBJ/PG13 trade.

See if Luc can regain confidence and is willing to sign for vet min again. Keep.

If Gerald Green is willing to take min, keep.

On the fence with Ariza. He is way more D than 3 now but he’s a great locker room presence and the team really likes him. Keep for a reasonable price.

Idk what we do with the rest. It’s been a good ride for Anderson and Nene but if you can’t play either against the Warriors, why keep them? Anderson is going to be a b**** to move but we need off his contract.

We have to sign/find a suitable back up point, a rim-roll center, and some more consistent 3/D guys.

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Gordon had heart throughout!
    Ariza was a victim of the short rotation
    RA has been mismanaged - and was worthless...

The defense was there...
    the offense wasn't...

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  9. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Ryno is trash thats it.

DJboutit likes this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This thread sucks

11. Voltik

Voltik Member

Ariza played his heart out and laid it all on the floor. You can’t ask more of him besides making few more 3’s, he was exhausted. He doesn’t do well with that level of energy expended for 7 games, especially guarding KD, Curry, and Thompson.

Gordon had a good series and his skill set is very important on this team. He’s also above average defender when he choses.

Ryan Anderson needs to be dumped, I don’t think we can have him on the roster starting next season.

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Mos def have to upgrade the sf spot and hopefully Capela stays.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

When is someone going to strike up a trade Harden thread. We would get a kings ransom for that playoff ghost.

14. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

I agree. But yet, every damn body was adamant about "play Ryan"...they had to learn the hard way why he was benched all along.

15. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Take Ryno and Ariza off this team and add pg13 and JJ reddick we will win next year with current squad

#35 ilovehtownbb, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
  16. AXG

AXG Member

I don't mind if they package Gordon and Anderson for another superstar or borderline superstar like Paul George, Kawhi Leonard or of course LeBron. It's unlikely but I can dream I guess

DJboutit likes this.
  17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We’ll see if Tilman has the balls to waive and stretch Anderson.

AXG likes this.
  18. Voltik

Voltik Member

We need another PG that can shoot, defend, and handle the ball well for CP3 insurance. Harden and Gordon are not Point Gaurds and are turnover prone against elite defenses in the playoffs.

We also need Capela back along with another versatile PF that can guard the perimeter, gobble rebounds, and take charges.

Ariza/Luc/Tucker/Capela/Luc insurance for forwards.

Harden/Gordon/CP3/CP3 insurance/Green are fine at guards.

Dump everyone else not mentioned above and sign players at vet minimum.

19. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Gordon? Lol.

Please dont ever start a thread again, dumbass

20. Simon Honeybone

Gordon is great when he only has to do Gordon things. When CP3 got hurt combined with D'Antoni not having a ****ing clue about a rotation he had to do non-Gordon things and that is bad.

I wish we would name Bzdelik head coach tomorrow....