1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Referees Bill Kennedy, Tony Brothers will Screw the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets1995, May 1, 2018.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

for every 1 of us there's probably 50000 cucks ready to plop in front of the tv and enjoy the show however silver presents it, and that's just in the states. the finals is broadcast in 200 something countries and they're even more oblivious. i think sometimes we forget this is likely the highest level fansite in the world

2. Madclownpacasum

If I was in Toyota center I would do the same

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They're not marquee right now though. They have a bunch of young players who most casual fans haven't heard of. And they're missing their two best players.

4. HookemHorns1250

Sending Brothers/Foster would be the biggest "F U" to the Rockets I could imagine.

rockets1995 and RyanB like this.
  5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I fear the Foster Brothers more than the Splash Brothers

6. macan

macan Member

agree, foster bros is definitely the most dangerous weapon in this league

7. amaru

amaru Member

Fosters aren’t working in Boston lol

8. smokieethabear

Man if it's Foster Brothers, we are screwed

amaru likes this.
  9. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

The NBA Is Rigged

I checked the past couple of pages, and a couple of other friends. If this has been posted already, my bad. It was looking pretty screwed up to me last night, hell, it's been looking screwed up the whole series. I'm gad to see someone from an outside perspective thinking the same thing. I just knew that I was not the only one that thought that.. o_O

MyLateRegistration and slothy420 like this.
  10. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

@Clutch

I’ve analyzed every ref assignment from every game of both Conf. Finals.

There would seem to be an overwhelming likelihood we’ll have Scott Foster as the lead official G7. There are 7 lead officials, and no lead official has worked any CF game without 3 games away. Of the 7 lead officials, the only one available with 3 games separation is Foster.

The best hope is Mike Callahan, whose last WCF game was G4. But also, Mike Callahan has already worked 3 CF games. And no official has worked more than 3 CF games total. Foster only 2.

The other 2 non-leads for tomorrow are much harder to predict. Tony Brothers hasn’t worked a game in either CF since our G1. NBA went with 2 lead guys for ECF7 with Davis and Capers. It seems like there are 13 other non-lead officials who have been in the CF rotation.

Since they went double-lead for ECF7, and factoring the seeming 3-game break, we can eliminate 5 of those guys as possible for G7.

So...seems like a 1-in-4 chance of drawing Brothers on the crew tomorrow.

Best realistic hope is Foster as lead, Callahan (small chance) as #2, then a 7/8 likelihood of no Brothers. But more realistically, Foster as lead, 25% chance at Brothers on the court with him.

Adjust your expectations accordingly.

Also, fwiw, Davis was the lead official for ECF1, and he’s the lead official for ECF7. Foster was the lead official for WCF1...

I guess, if you want to strain for good news...NBA did not duplicate the ECF1 crew for ECF7. That might at least allow us to avoid Brothers, and I actually do think Brothers is the worse of he and Foster. Foster has it out for Paul. Brothers for Harden.

The problem with using the ECF7 as the template is that crew has the 2 lead officials, and I don’t see any other lead who could really do our game. Unless they just give Callahan a 5th game. Again, that’s our best hope.

Callahan as Foster’s co-lead and no Brothers.

Every lead official but Foster has worked 3 games. So either NBA goes double lead (like the ECF7 setup) but one lead goes over 3 (the Callahan hope). Or NBA goes only 1 lead (virtual lock to be Foster, the only lead who hasn’t done a 3rd game) and two non-leads.

Last observation...

Only one crew has worked more than one CF game unchanged, Mauer-Guthrie-Malloy, games 2 and 6 of WCF.

So...Either no Foster Brothers, or the Nibba saves that special **** You for us.

11. HookemHorns1250

Not gonna lie, I tried to read it, but decided I’d just take your word for it.

I was always against the “Foster and Brothers hate Houston” narrative. Just seemed like s cop out from fans. Then that Utah game happened. I was in awe.

MyLateRegistration likes this.
  12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

thanks for that thorough analysis bro

13. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

What if the Foster Brothers are actually assigned to our game...but to make sure we get across the line?

Surely no NBA fan outside of Lebron & GSW fans actually want another Warriors/Cavs series. It's not exactly the Lakers/Celtics.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lebron fans are actually hoping for HOU because they think he'll have a chance against us, especially with CP3's injury.

but silver would lose way too much $$ if worriers aren't in the finals. make no mistake, the fix will be in.

Madeinchin4 and Jontro like this.
  15. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Do we have the name of the ref for tom game 7 yet?

16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Have you seen James Harden in China how popular he is with Adidas, and his Jersey sales. Rockets are the Worlds popular team.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bro, nobody is buying authentic wear in china :D

Jontro likes this.
  18. Jontro

Jontro Member

true story.

19. nolenium

nolenium Member

So I take it you won't be watching the game tomorrow, then?

20. 9495

9495 Member

In China’s broadcasting of WCF this year, all I see between game actions are commercials for mouthpieces.