1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rocket's playing with house money tonight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockbox, May 26, 2018.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

No one gave them a chance in this series and no one gives them a chance at Oracle with CP3 out. All the pressure is on Golden State and the rockets should feel no pressure at all. I think they should play a high variance game and shoot even more 3's than they normally do. If Greenlight or Gordon get's hot, I say feed him until he stops feeling it. I also see Harden playing free and loose tonight and could potentially score more than 40 or even 50 points. I would make Golden State adjust to us tonight.

gatsby, cdxiong, MiddleMan and 4 others like this.
  2. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

yes we are and I agree. Shoot a lot of 3's and hope variance is on our side

bilaal14 and D-rock like this.
  3. rocketseagles07

No but I think they can play a lot more free. I still think Chris leadership will be missed but I know he’ll be on the sidelines.

Harden has to come through though. I don’t measure guys greatness off of single games but man if there ever was a game to use that this is it.

4. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

No.

We're playing with a chip on our shoulders: to send these smug motherf*ckers fishing back to the Hamptons.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I definitely think they are playing with house money. They should play like the pressure is on the Rockets to win though.. Rockets should go into Oakland and want to end it.. Rockets in this series have played very well with the pressure on.

If the Rockets can just come out and punch GSW in the mouth, GSW might get surprised and crumble..

Man, I really hope the Rockets win tonight.. It's so annoying when game 6's are takin for granted by the team up 3-2.

THIS IS AN ELIMINATION GAME!! The Rockets should come out desperate like game 2, 4 and 5.

6. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

I want so very badly to beat these guys in 6.

Please James Harden, when you step out on that court today, envision yourself in the regular season playing against the Phoenix Suns.

Amen

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Agreed.

I haven't really known what to expect going into any of these games .

But I'm starting to think the rockets might have the mental and physical edge . Now , that can turn on a dime..... but I think we've shown that we have better poise and toughness so far.

I think the longer this game stays close ( or if we start blowing them out obviously ) the more pressure the warriors will feel .

ghettocheeze, D-rock and DreamShook like this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That's why I'm ok with giving minutes to IsoJoe or RA. Whythehellnot.

D-rock likes this.
  9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I tend to agree.. The Rockets need to keep on playing like every single game matters and take nothing for granted.

That said there is something to be said about playing loose without having to worry about the pressure..

ghettocheeze likes this.
  10. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

House Money indeed.

11. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

House Money? Hell no. We need to play like our playoff lives depended on it because they do. We lost our ticket in game 5 with a piss ant 52 seconds left. I would so love Harden to shut me up, go out and prove to Stephanie and crew why he is MVP. Go ahead James. I will accept I am a d*** a** if you go out and lead us to the promise land. There is no bigger game for his legacy. Tonight at Oracle if he leads us to a victory tonight over these arrogant turds and shut their c*** washers up once and for all then last years game 6 against the Spurs and that game 5 in Oakland in 2015 will be distant memories and a new legacy will be born. GO JAMES. THIS IS YOUR TIME AND YOU HAVE FANS THAT ARE STARVING FOR THIS. You have the talent. Go play to your talent level and take these sh*twhistles out.

12. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Never - we play to win. Can’t be thinking soft thoughts like that

13. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

House Money carries the connotation of “lucky to be up 3-2.” Rockets when healthy have proven concretely they are the better team.

So No.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Rockets need to play their game and believe in themselves

15. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

If Rockets lose game 6, I don’t think it’ll be because they took game 6 for granted.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Well, that remains to be seen. Rockets haven't started playing yet.