1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is due for a BIG game in game 6!! Redemption coming.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, May 25, 2018.

1. steveng125

steveng125 Member

Harden is going to have to get everyone involved. They are gonna double team him and make the others beat them. Harden can't waste 15 seconds of the shot clock just dribbling he needs to go quickly.

The positive I see with Gordon starting is he don't sit around and waste half the shot clock in iso, he does it quick then either creates a shot or gets others involved.

I just hope Harden has his legs with him because we all think he's due for a great game but he's not really getting much rest, so Idk if he's gonna be any better than game 5.

Lawlruschang and Stormy1234 like this.
  2. bro2044

bro2044 Member

My god I would treasure Game 6 forever, lol

Lawlruschang and Stormy1234 like this.
  3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Game 4 was with CP3, c'mon now. And Iggy will prolly be back for the Dubs. Let's not skip logic when thinking with optimism.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Beautiful. Magic could have put up silly stats in a different situation. If they started him at PF/C for his career and let him post up more. (And hang around the rim for rebounds for fastbreaks)

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

James Starden !!!

Lawlruschang likes this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Go ahead and post your "proof" of Magic's greatness. But according to this thread, Magic wasn't nearly as good as Stephanie Curry.

7. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

when's the last decent game Harden had in the playoff?

8. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

3 days ago?

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. rocks123

rocks123 Member

Game 4 at the oracle. Played great offense in the first half and then played focused defense in the second half.

Lawlruschang, Hakeemtheking and B-Bob like this.
  11. PhiSlammaJamma

The truth is nobody ever remembers how much Jordan or Magic or Bird Screwed up. It happened. I mean they didn't win it every year and there was plenty of criticism when they lost. But they erased it by winning a few. And that's all it takes.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  12. HiddenFlawe

HiddenFlawe Member

Harden needs to give a speech like this before the game tomorrow night

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

We're 1 win from the Finals! Why would I be mad?! I am ECSTATIC!!

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Actually, the Game 6 pressure is mostly on the Worriers. For the Rockets, including Harden, the worst that can happen is that we totally **** the bed and have to regroup for the winner-take-all Game 7 in Houston.

For the Worriers, though, there's all kinds of pressure. If they don't win, their season AND their dynasty will both end in embarrassing fashion. They'll have lost three games in a row to a team they pretended all year wasn't really a significant threat. Two of those games will have been on their home court where they never lose in the playoffs, and one will have been with one of our big stars not playing.

Those fools can say whatever they want, but they simply can't afford to lose this game. On the other hand, the Rockets are expected to lose it. Hell, nobody at all outside of Houston would surprised in the slightest to see us lose two in a row now. To most people, our season would still be a rousing success.

So who's really got the pressure? The team that can't afford to lose, or the one that's expected to?

#74 topfive, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

i think the pressure angle is a wash at this point of the series. it goes both ways. more of a media ploy if anything. the rockets have an opportunity albeit really short handed but its still there. want it? go take it. and obviously on the other side gs the defending champs are at home playing for their season who likely be playing with a ton of energy and will to go back to houston

16. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Someone please make a picture of Harden summoning a spirit bomb to drop on GSW

17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He's gonna need to step the **** up offensively or step the **** off. No more of this 19 point bullshit.

18. JW86

JW86 Member

I know it’s messed up, but in some way it’s perfect CP3 is out. Gives Harden the perfect opportunity to make a statement and I’d say he has less pressure on him. Now if he loses it’s not a big deal. Losing in a game 7 at home would be devastating, but it shouldn’t take anything away from this season.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  19. plates300

plates300 Member

Warriors are going to come out ready to kill - and we're going to find out what James Harden is really made of. Go Rockets!

20. StevieCrossover

Yop. Harden need to show, aint got cp3 bailing him out.