1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Team Sad-as-Hell-About-CP3's-Hamstring

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, May 25, 2018.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm having a hard time finding any humor or optimism this morning. sure as hell hope Harden rises to the challenge with a historic performance

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. s3ts

s3ts Member

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

im actually devastated that this happened to him. hes given hou everything hes got to this point. you shouldn't be punished for wanting to win this badly

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I heard they're all driving black Maybachs very slowly down Lombard street.

alethios, dkim1984, ElDobleK and 4 others like this.
  6. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I'll try

Harden tied the record for most 3 shot without a make and the Rockets won

Paul was a -13 last night

Luc is a normal rotation player and a full beast.

Road Ryan!

Eric has proven he can be a starter and is the X Factor!

And mostly it's Houstons time!

7. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I love your optimism and I want to believe but man I am really having a hard time shaking that Paul injury from my brain.

Beard - silence the doubt in our mind!

TheRealAllpro and BigggReddd like this.
  8. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

I was at a bar for the game. Place going crazy, high-fiving, cheering. And there i stood silently. The fleeting feeling of pure joy being up 3-2 up on the world champs juxtaposed by the injury to our point god with 22 seconds left in the game.

My hope has not faltered, but my heart cannot accept any joy yet.

9. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Rockets beat the Lakers for a game without Yao and Tmac...

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

ROCKETS STILL HAVE THE MVP!! ITS TIME JIM!! LET'S GO!!!!

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In order to win without CP3, we'll need to see MVP James Harden make an appearance along with LRMAM bouncing back and being the key role player he was during the regular season. He's the only guy that can defend well enough to keep the Warriors from going off among those left on the bench. If his shoulder is right he can hit some 3's too and be like a second Trevor Ariza out there.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Weird feeling this morning for sure.

It's all just pure hope now.

I can try optimism like ... our defense won't take much of a hit (assuming Luc is perfectly fine on that end), so Harden only needs to lead a 100pt game apparently. But then I think what we will look like for even just 4-6 minutes with no point guard on the court, and fall back to pure hope...and clinging to posts like this

Cash Cam and Os Trigonum like this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

The only concern I have is ball handling. I don't have a lot of confidence in anybody but Harden handling the ball and directing the offense. And I don't have a lot of confidence in Harden at the end of games. It also means Harden will resort to slacking on defense to save energy for the offense. But both teams are tired and will be missing shots. I don't expect that to change.

da_juice and Stormy1234 like this.
  15. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Rockets are a veteran team with talent on the bench not playing in this series. Joe Johnson is one guy that is known as a big time playoff performer and will be ready at a moment’s notice. Maybe Luc gets the pep talk of his life and he gets out of the mental funk his injured shoulder has caused? Perhaps Road Ryno shows up and can be passable defensively? Also, they’ve proven they can win with cutting and ball movement in this series. They can do it again.

Point is, without CP3, the Rockets can still win this series. They need one team win in the next two games. That’s it. Will it be harder without CP3? Of course. But they have the ability to do it.

carib, Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  16. photojoe

photojoe Member

It sucks.

But don't give up.

One more win.

Go Rockets!

17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I hate how people say “it’s on Harden now” or this is his chance to step up. It’s actually on whoever plays alongside Harden. It’s really easy for the Warriors to shut out James if no one else can make plays. We don’t need Harden to score 40 to win. We need EG to be a solid playmaker and the Arizas and Greens to make buckets.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Gordon being the spare playmaker is iffy when he has to think about passing and scoring. I think they might get Ariza to share some touches like game two.

I'm anxious about harden being locked on for the whole time, but it's not like he hasn't done it before in previous years. If the refs give him something to call on, that's half the mental load.

Without Chris, worriers will build walls around the three point line and leave a sagging person to anchor the paint. They'll dare James, Eric and Gerald to drive in while pushing our shooters away from their sweet spots. But they will get taken care of. Those shooters will have to be ready to take open "uncomfortable" shots.

Next man up.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

actually it starts with him and yes harden is going to need to have an mvp game to give hou any chance of winning without cp3

hou without cp3, the ceiling gets lowered drastically.

J.R. likes this.
  20. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

CP3 injury is fake. It is strategic psychological warfare to change Warriors mindset and strategy. CP3 mindgame master.

dwmyers, lionaire, whiskeyred and 2 others like this.