1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need to get these refs on a viral video

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, May 20, 2018.

1. bj3175

bj3175 Member

2. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I completely agree. Harden has to realize how he has to be a leader during adverse times. First and foremost he needs to be attacking the Warriors from the time the game starts. You can't be so casual and cool on the road. This beating is the best thing that could have happened now James will either do what he needs to do or accept that every critic was right about him and the Rockets all along. With that said all that has happened is each team has traded wins if the Rockets win game 4 everything starts over again

Beardaholic13, rockets1995 and D-rock like this.
  3. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

The way James allows himself to be blown-by and then takes the ball in really quickly without skipping a beat like it's a pick-up game really frustrates me at times.

I mean, it's great he gets the ball in, but you watch someone like Draymond and whenever he gives up points on defence you can visibly see his frustration like he actually cares about it. James at times seems to have the attitude "it's ok, I'll get it back at the other end".

Nelly, Crashlanded19 and rockets1995 like this.
  4. dream2franchise

With all the data Morey & Co are collecting perhaps they should invest some time into ref's and their tendencies. May help the Rockets approach games a certain way.

rockets1995 likes this.
  5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I am going to bump my own thread just look for it. You will know what I am talking about.

6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

It literally is the worst thing to do in basketball, Harden thinking of Ill let get them get layups, I'll get mine is really a bad habit he has developed, It's like he is in a All Star game. He gives up on defense which is very sad to watch. You would think he would hire a personal trainer to teach him defense. His Coaches in Middle School, High School, College have done a terrible job never having to get through to him, making a point of emphasis that defense is really important.

Nelly likes this.
  7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I really believe a quicker 6'3 Point Guard should quickly bring the ball up the floor 100 percent of the time. Harden bringing the ball up every time is very annoying to watch. Jordan bringing the ball up was fun to watch but he did turn the ball over to Nick Anderson blowing the game. Harden backcourt dribbling is cringeworthy to watch, it makes me nervous to watch.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

9. Asian Sensation

Lose by 41 points.... blame the refs first.

I’m sure it had nothing to do with missing wide opens 3’s, easy layups, letting the shot clock expire on multiple occasions, unforced turnovers and playing no defense.

Warriors caught fire in the 3rd. They hit ridiculously tough 3’s and we let Curry have a layup drill. There wasn’t a single call or 10 that could’ve been called or not called in our favor that was going to change the outcome of that game.

Blaming the refs after playing like crap and losing by 41. Smh.

Never change Clutchfans never change.

topfive likes this.
  10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Harden on defense bad habits. His defensive stance is all bad. No straight back, hunched over, his legs, no bent knees. No side steps laterally moving his feet. It really makes me wonder how P.J. Tucker big body moves so well on defense but James Harden can't, won't, quit on defense.

11. Asian Sensation

It’s called effort and desire.

Harden can use his feet and make lateral movements to blow by elite defenders.... while dribbling a basketball. Yet he can’t keep a 40 year old Livingston who nearly lost a damn leg... from blowing by him as if he wasn’t even there? How does that make sense? It doesn’t.

Tucker, Battier, Bruce Bowen, Tony Allen, James Posey, Raja Bell, Bev, Avery Bradley it’s not like these guys have or had elite athleticism or size. What they all do have in common is desire, grit and put forth a never give up type of effort on every play. We don’t need or expect Harden to be a lockdown defender even though he actually has the size and athleticism... but a little effort especially in a WCF game would be a welcomed sighting.

12. jdjd

jdjd Member

Just look at the layups missed in the first half. That was not because professional NBA players all of a sudden forgot how to make layups.

The truth of the matter is we attacked the basket at least 10 times in the first half without getting a call.

The Warriors on the other hand went to the line consistently for anything that seemed like we got too close to one of their precious Hampton 5.

Once Golden State realizes they can get away with it, they hack everything we take inside collectively. We then turn into a jump shooting only team that has to shoot over length.

James Harden loses interest when he's not getting the calls. (i personally think he knows that it's fixed and no matter what he does the refs are for the Golden boys,which is disheartening)

pippendagimp and Invisible Fan like this.
  13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Tony Brothers, Scott Foster coming to game 1, made me not watch the game at all, rather scoreboard watch, would rather not have bad blood pressure, tension is really bad for you health, the NBA games are obviously rigged. Adam Silver fixing games for the Warriors. I really lost respect for the NBA. Tony Brothers fixing Game 7 pacers vs cavs is obvious.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He attacked the rim alot in the first half. Got hacked most of the time but didn't get any calls. Didnt looked like he was happy with the refs contact tolerance and mda sat him. Looked way to passive and deferential after that.

I'm not sure why after all these years he's expecting the refs to be consistent. A betting man would say the refs will be nicer tonight

Yay for us....for now.

bj3175 likes this.
  15. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

The only problem is when he takes the game over all your going to hear is he didn't get his teammates involved and the iso is not getting other players touches for rhythm. The man cant do right no matter what he does. The refs where hating but there where plays where we actually dribbled the ball straight to the Warriors before the ball crossed half court. Those type of plays are not on the refs.

bj3175 likes this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Every summer it seems like Harden works to perfect one particular aspect of his game. Last summer it was the deadly step-back three. Summer before it was the sweep-through to draw the 3-point foul.

This summer, he needs to focus on defense. He'll never improve until he decides he needs to.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I expect an important rocket to get in foul trouble by half time.

Rocket River

18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Rather have a missed layup viral video

19. vince

vince Member

It’s a gut punch effect... Rockets got Golden State good in game two; Golden state checked out emotionaly. And then Golden State returns the favor to in game 3.

Game 4 is for all the marbles, essentially... as far as Houston standing a viable chance. They can’t afford to lose tonight.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Well, here is a video of PJ getting held/fouled on a roll. It ends up leading to a transition 3ptr at the other end.