1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Give me one good reason please!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, May 21, 2018.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Someboďy please give me one good reason Clint played only 21 minutes in a Western Conference Finals game. I had to GOOGLE if he got hurt as I watched the live score stats in Ireland in the middle of the night. I am completely baffled and disgusted, as well as tired.

The only plus I get from not seeing the actual game was that I didn't have to look at smug Curry chewing on his mouthpiece or see Donkey's face.

Tfor3 and Lawlruschang like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun know if the reason is viable or good enough for you but usually Centers even the most mobile goes out because the Coach feels either

1) He wants give other options a look.

2) The game is already over.

deb4rockets likes this.
  3. Fantasma Negro

Because Clint looked tired as **** in the second quarter. I don't know what he's on but dude gets gassed way too fast, its frustrating to watch

deb4rockets likes this.
  4. Houston22

Houston22 Member

I think they were drugged. Nex time they eat somewhere else, they are gonna be ok.

5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

The other options let the game slide away and at that point I will agree it was over.

6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I bet it was!!

7. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Capela cannot box out Draymond Green. That’s been the issue.

IvanLCPM, bj3175, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  8. SK34

SK34 Member

It’s cause Clint Capela has been rendered useless by the Warriors game plan. The same things that worked against crap teams like Minessota and Utah doesn’t work against teams like Warriors. Draymond deserves a lot of credit on making Capela obsolete. Rockets realized quickly, the pick and roll with cap will not work these series.

deb4rockets likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Unfortunately we have 3-4 fire sure weapons, and One Main Weapon is rendered Useless.

deb4rockets likes this.
  10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

We were tied with him in, and he was 6 of 9 at the point others were shooting bricks. They were the ones it seemed were useless.

#10 deb4rockets, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    bj3175 and lnchan like this.
  11. SK34

SK34 Member

I can cherry pick stats and situations from the games too. That’s not how basketball works. Clint has to rest. What is Clint going to do down 8–10 after tht?

12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I understand he needs to rest. I don't know why so much though and no backup center. Sorry, but I hate the small ball play, especially with the type of shooting EG and CP3 have been averaging. For EG to get 10 more minutes than Clint seems like throwing in the towel and hoping his offense makes up for lack of rebounds and defense. At least CP3 rebounds and gets assists.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is why Ego never went to an Allstar Game, had flashes of brilliance and when it mattered most, it's mediocre.

deb4rockets likes this.
  14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Tell coach that por favor!!!!

15. jbasket

jbasket Member

Not playing physical enough. He's getting bullied & not staying in front of guards as well as most CF homers thought he would.

If you're going to be a C trying to make GSW pay, you gotta be able to dominate the paint and he just ain't.

In '15, DH kept his playing time because he did as such. CC is not.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Tuckwagon being the sexy word.

17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

So why was it better to pull him out if he was 6 for 9 at the same time others had only made 2 shots and were throwing bricks left and right. Still doesn't seem like a good enough reason if we lost at least one of our best scorers when he was pulled.

bj3175 likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I love Tucker but let him replace Ariza AND Clint when they need breaks. Coach and his small ball will ruin our chances. Nene and Anderson disappeared in playoffs and helped us get to a winning season, then became Ghosts of Christmas Past. That should be the title of their departure article when we trade them for guys our coach can actually use when we need our bench.

bj3175 likes this.
  19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I mean, he’s battling for offensive rebounds, running hard down the floor every possession, and chasing their guards on the perimeter. It’s fair to say he’s expending way more energy than any other player on our team.

To answer the question in the OP, our small ball lineup is more potent for going on runs to get back into the game. But it didn’t work this time.

bj3175, Deuce and daywalker02 like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is because Luc, Thicc and Ariza are not usually 16-20 ppg scorers, and even Gordon isn't one every night.

The second game was an anomaly and an enhanced one at that. We need more anomalies.