1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/20/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 18, 2018.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Missing too many bunnies ugh.

We will shoot better in the second half but so will they.

Comes down to turnovers, we need to force more and get easier buckets.

2. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Way too much iso. Chris paul is deferring to James too much. Too much walking up the court .lazy basketball. I've never seen James move without the ball or sprint without the ball using himself as a decoy. Play team basketball. Iso is for the end of the shot clock.

3. jshabang

jshabang Member

We lost this........ on to game 4....... I don’t know this team anymore........ this is not the team that won 67 games since the playoffs started......... we are so Jekyl and Hyde that it’s disgusting ....... you don’t know who gonna Show up........ we back to iso ball going and trying to finish over three players at the basket or a bad contested three...... NO MOVEMENT WITHOUT THE BALL AND GETTING INTO THE OFFENSE EARLY LIKE GAME 2............ Harden stops and lets the defense set up..... attack the defense earlier in the shot clock....... stop waiting for the shot clock to get low every play and going into the teeth of the defense ...... AND NAIL MBAH MOUTE TONTHE BENCH...... don’t know what happen to him but he is clearly hurt

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

stay calm everyone, stay calm

5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Warrors are good at playing 3rd quarter.

We better have good preparation.

6. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Yeah if you only look at the blown offensive plays. The defense would hold Phoenix to 30 points in a half.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the more aggressive team always gets the calls. if we aren't getting our fair share its a sign that they are out working us tonight.

i'd rather the refs call it the same on both ends, but you have to be ready for the inconsistency from the refs. control what you can, like turnovers and defensive assignments. if we controlled those in the first half we'd be winning even though we're playing 5 vs 8.

8. davee

davee Member

we need Harden to start playing some defense!!!!

PeterKingX likes this.
  9. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I'd also like to see Ryno get going....to any of the other NBA teams.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't think GS is playing that good a game, smoothie. We're just playing worse. I'm hoping MDA tore everyone a new a-hole at halftime and we come out playing like we can. The guys do that and this game is winnable.

11. Zergling

Zergling Member

Going by +/-, our best rotation so far is Harden, Capela, Ariza, Tucker, and Green

Previous death lineup has been awful because CP3 was an 0-fer, and he has more turnovers than assists

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

: (

Rocket River

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Missed layups, missed free throws, those are the things that show you are not focused, not serious about playing. Team should be embarrassed.

14. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

24 minutes to go yet. Maybe we do lose game 3, but stop being a total vagina

15. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

We can beat this team. Our half court defense is good enough to make them struggle.

We need to go back to what we did in the opening few minutes. Pick roll EARLY IN THE SHOT CLOCK with Ariza setting the screen, harden making the quick pass to Ariza and letting him go 4-on-3. If Ariza drives HARD he should (a) finish, (b) force help or (c) allow capela a putback opportunity.

16. Rocketsfan3422

green is so bad defensively thou

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Extremely disappointed. Proving the critics right. :mad:

I'll be amazed If it is still a game 5-6 minutes into the 3rd.

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

Disappointing lack of focus; I really don't understand how this team could come out like this.

19. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I’m an Aussie, I would love to see Black or Nene tackle one of these Warriors hard to the ground - then look up at the refs and say, “That’s a foul.”

I’m not blaming the refs, our blown layups and reverting back to Game 1 bad habits are the reason we are in this hole, but the Refs favouring GSW isn’t helping...

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Need a great half-time speech or player-only meeting.