1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul will not be satisfied unless Rockets beat Warriors and win it all

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets1995, May 20, 2018.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What happens then? How many ships. Not 1, not 2?

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm glad he won't be satisfied with anything less than winning this series and going to the Finals. I would be upset if he didn't feel that way. Heck, I would be upset if every player, every member of the coaching staff and the organization didn't feel that way. Is this supposed to be an issue? Seems like an obvious way to feel, at least to me.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

For those wondering, Cp3 and mda say his ankle is fine.

He'll be game ready even if he had to Willis Reed his way into the building.

DonKnock, Chanmarr, smp and 3 others like this.
  5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I agree with u, Deckard... I just dont know if MDA is of like mind...

Silly me... I forgot to add this to my list of stupid things MDA has said in the other thread... lol

Rockets' Mike D'Antoni says season can be cherished even without a championship

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...cherished-even-without-a-championship.289689/

Little Bit likes this.
  6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

CP3 turning 34 and im scared that if we max him this off-season he wont be healthy enough to produce the next couple years.

CP3 is no doubt an amazing player when healthy but you can tell he's completely relying on his mind over his aging athleticism these days.

Chanmarr, hakeem94 and Mazulis like this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

This is the hallmark of a true leader. We are fortunate to have Chris Paul on the Houston Rockets.

DonKnock, adw, BigShasta and 3 others like this.
  8. rocketseagles07

Mike is gonna say that... don’t believe for a damn minute it’s true.

I always liked CP3 before he got here, but it’s weird I almost want it more for him than anybody else including beard. I might shed a damn tear if we win no lie. Just because it kills so many BS narrative about CP, harden and mike

DonKnock, Chanmarr, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  9. rocketseagles07

And btw y’all see my name. This would easily be the greatest sports year of my life if we win because the eagles got their first sb. No I’m not from h town or really anywhere to be honest, I’m a military brat so I picked my teams years ago

10. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

He'll be 34 next May.

I get your point, though, in that most of the players like CP3 tend to decline sharply after they turn 34. Going by his basketball reference similarity scores, he matches up with West, Magic, Robertson, Kobe, Stockton, Frazier, Payton, Billups, Drexler, Reggie Miller, and Jordan:
    - Magic and Jordan had the HIV and retirement things so its hard to compare. Both came back at age 38 and weren't the same players
    - Frazier was basically done at 32 and spent 2 years mostly injured before hanging it up.
    - West, Robertson, and Drexler all had good-decent years when they turned 34, had decent-poor years when they turned 35 and then were out of the league at 36.
    - Payton began to decline gradually after he turned 33 and played 4 more years.
    - Billups declined sharply after he turned 34 due to injury, he played 3 more years after, but no more than 22 games in any of those seasons
    - Kobe was a workhorse up to 34; after that he was mostly injured for his final 3 seasons and a shell of his former self
    - Stockton was solid all the way until he turned 40. He really only suffered two injuries his entire career when he was 35 and 36
    - Miller was also solid all the way until he turned 39. He really only was injured his last year.

Basically, you hope that CP3 can be Stockton or Miller...or at least Payton if you max him. The problem is that those guys were healthy throughout their careers and CP3 has been banged up, especially the last couple of seasons. Hopefully, with today's training methods and health care, you can get a few more good seasons out of him.

J.R. likes this.
  11. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

This season for the Rockets is championship or bust. I’ve been saying that since mid season and I don’t mean that as a condemnation.

This season has been too special, they’ve gone too high and worked too hard to not win it all. It would be a demoralizing let down in my opinion.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  12. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Chris Paul's revenge is not yet done!:eek:

DonKnock and Rox>Mavs like this.
  13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

And neither should anyone here at CF

Snow Villiers likes this.
  14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

16. macho87

macho87 Member

Unlike Dwight. Who lost and said he's still a champion

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Good. This is exactly how CP3 should feel. This is how all of us should feel. Championship or bust.

18. Bob Barker 007

Great effort, you ****ing chode. Do nothing offensively for nearly three quarters, stat pad at the end of the quarter, and let Curry get his rhythm again in the second half. How satisfying.

Hustle Town and PeterKingX like this.
  19. Mr. Space City

we'll see if he really bout it when it comes time for him to take a paycut.

motleydeflep6 likes this.
  20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I will not be satisfied unless Rockets beat Warriors and win it all.

Cp3 has the same heart with me.