1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/20/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 18, 2018.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Steph honestly hasn't looked like MVP steph consistently since Durant got there.

I know it's expected that his production would take a slight hit but he used to be more of a floor general than he is now, he now feels like he's just become KDs sidekick whereas before he was the clear go to guy and alpha. Sometimes he just looks like another shooter that just runs around screens for open shots instead of the guy he used to be, breaking down defenders for that 0.5 seconds of open space he needed to get his shot off.

DonKnock, pahiyas, Jontro and 3 others like this.
  2. Rocketfanatic2

Maybe I'm still on an emotional high from game 2 but I'm feeling decent about this one. Withstand the first couple possessions where they will inevitably try to get Curry going and I like our chances.

Force Durant to carry them. They aren't otherworldly when he's doing that.

Let's steal this one.

DonKnock, Chanmarr, RasaqBoi and 5 others like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

time for cp3 to step up and take control of this series ..i am picking him for mvp of this series and finals

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

AWESOME

you the real mvp jr!

6. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

So we assume KD will get 30+ pts easy, Harden will get at least 30 or so. Cp will probably go for 20 and all the world is wondering whether steph will show up big as the media is kinda hyping him to do.

I do agree that containing Steph to not let him get 30+ is top priority, but I think it's also interesting to note that as bad as we played in game 1, it was really Klay's shooting that won them that game. Yes put attention on Steph, and continue to beat him up ALL series, but containing Klay is also just as big. Any game he shoots well we're pretty much going to lose. He's their offensive x-factor. If not for his shooting in game 1, despite how badly we were playing defense, we had a really good chance to win that as well. I do think that he only really has one GREAT game a series, so hopefully he already used it up in game 1, but as long as we're rotating off of draymond/iggy instead of klay, I like our chances.

7. jayfree

jayfree Member

People keep saying "Just wait until Curry gets going"

Well, Durant has been playing out of his mind and carrying this team so far "Just wait until he has an off night"

8. JavaJive

JavaJive Member

Game 3 is on my birthday. Nothing I would like better than a Rockets victory. Come on guys, let’s come out on fire on offense and lock down on defense. We can do this.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, happy birthday.

10. don grahamleone

People saying we can’t beat the Warriors remind me of Frenchmen saying the Nazis can’t be beat. We can beat these Warriors and we should. If we don’t win it’s because we played like assholes, not because they’re just better. These Rockets proved they’re the better team all year. Let’s go prove it. Let’s beat this team that cowards have called “unbeatable”.

We are the better team and this is our series to win. We’re in control.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I bet if it were Napoleon, none of this would be said.

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Klay the poor man has much to read.

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. solid

solid Contributing Member

Who reads newspapers anymore? I haven't read one in years. Get the news on the screen.

daywalker02 and Stormy1234 like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you are missing a lot then...cant beat that smell of freshly printed newspaper

Chanmarr, Voltik, Roc Paint and 3 others like this.
  15. don grahamleone

Cleaning mirrors or windows and you don’t want streaks? Can’t beat the news for that job either.

DonKnock, macho GRANDE and hakeem94 like this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Houston @ Golden State
    Marc Davis (#8)
    Sean Corbin (#33)
    Jason Phillips (#23)
    Bill Spooner (#22)
    Replay Center: James Capers

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

As long as I don’t see Scott foster or Brothers I am happy.

Hasn’t houston lost 2 of their three games with those knuckle heads?

DonKnock likes this.
  18. rocketsmetalspd

Get back what the team worked so hard to get HC. It will be a raucous crowd but the Rockets have played well on the road this post season. Go Rockets!! H-Town Crazy!! Rockets by 10!

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. JavaJive

JavaJive Member

Guys need to get locked in mentally. Block out the crowd and play their game. Stay on the shooters. If your going to give up anything, let it be 2’s and not 3’s. Move the ball around and get the best shot. ISO on Curry when he guards Paul or Harden. Need a repeat performance by the role players. 1st quarter is important to win or be even, so as not to be playing catch up.

We can do this. Get game 3 and put all the pressure on them to win game 4.

Chanmarr and mike2k132 like this.
  20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

That's always been my key. Don't let them hit 3s. Oddly gsw have been shooting alot of long 2s they hit them but to beat the rockets u have to hit 3s. That's the way we beat teams. Not with efficiency but with quantity