1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we going to unleash “Road Ryno” in GS?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, May 17, 2018.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

CUT RHYNO

BRING BACK BOOBY BROWN

Better cheer leader, more character, more cojones, better locker room presence

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It feels like there is something more to his dissapearance. Like lingering injury. Or something mental beyond just lost confidence. Recall this guy incentive had a girlfriend commit suicide. Though I know he’s now married... just maybe he’s going through some ****.

He’s still getting paid $20 mil to do his job. Heck IT lost his sister last year during the playoffs and still performed.

I just wonder what we might hear come off-season.

3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

@Codman

4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

maybe as a matchup chess match play. Like if they try to sub West in on our small ball, you can sub Ryno in to take him away from the basket until Kerr changes. I don't think anybody is expecting 10 points out of him this series though.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

We need to unleash someone. We will not win in GS playing 7 guys.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It mystifies me how a ten year veteran, of anything but especially sports, can suddenly become "scared".

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Also lol at this article from this week:
    https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...ooks-to-make-most-of-12917130.php?cmpid=btfpm

Forward Ryan Anderson has been counted heavily on before – on other NBA teams that would have had to buy tickets to attend the Western Conference Finals.

“This is my 10th season, and I’ve had years of playing on bad teams when I’ve been able to score 17, 20 points a game,” Anderson said Tuesday. “This is a rare opportunity to play on a team like this.”

The “team like this” in question is the Rockets, who strung together the NBA’s best record in the regular season at 65-17. That didn’t matter Monday night at Toyota Center, when the NBA’s third-best team in the regular season, the Golden State Warriors, whipped the Rockets 119-106 in the opener of the Western Conference finals.

Much like his role for much of the season, Anderson’s contributions have been limited in the postseason. He played five minutes Monday and missed his lone attempt from the field.
    “Obviously with limited opportunities it is tough to go out there and put up 30 points or something like that,” Anderson said with a slight smile. “But I just want to go out there and be productive and play good defense, and do the best I can out there.”

Anderson’s salary this season is $19.6 million, fifth-highest in a series packed with star power. He’s understandably behind Stephen Curry, James Harden, Kevin Durant and Chris Paul, but ahead of Warriors starters Klay Thompson, Draymond Green and Andre Iguodala, and ahead of his own teammates like high-minute contributors Eric Gordon, PJ Tucker and Clint Capela.

“For me, it’s about winning,” Anderson said when asked about keeping his confidence in a more limited role than what he’s been accustomed to. “This year it’s about us winning a championship. You have to make sacrifices. Obviously my injury didn’t come at a very good time for me personally, but it’s not about me.

“We have a great team and so many guys who can play well and so many lineups … we’ve obviously proven that we can win with a number of different lineups.”

Anderson, who’s previously played for New Jersey, Orlando and New Orleans, missed four games in April with a high ankle sprain, and after starting 51 games in the regular season his time on the court has waned of late. He didn’t even play in the final two games of the conference semifinals against Utah, and was hoping to make more of an impression in the opener against the Warriors.

“I just have to stay ready regardless,” Anderson said. “I’m putting the work in – coming in early and trying to stay as late as possible, getting my lifts in and getting my shot right.”

Anderson, who has the third most 3-pointers (1,315) in NBA history of any player listed 6-10 or taller, is considered a defensive liability with all of the switching the Rockets must do against the revolving Warriors.

That’s why the Rockets need his offense when he’s on the floor, but he’s not the only one among the Rockets' reserves who contributed little in the conference finals opener. Anderson, Luc Mbah a Moute and Nene finished a combined 0-for-8 from the floor against the Warriors in Game 1, with Mbah a Moute tossing up six of those misfires in more than 17 minutes of action.

Trevor Ariza, Tucker, Mbah a Moute and Anderson also combined to make 1-of-10 3-pointers. Had the Rockets been just a tad more successful from short and long range from the above quintet, it likely would have been a different ball game on Monday.

So who will Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni turn to for a spark off the bench among his big men in Wednesday night’s Game 2 at Toyota Center, what amounts to a must win for the Rockets? That’s to be determined.

“I got all four of my guys I can go to,” D’Antoni said of players who, for instance, can spell Capela at center. “We’ll see which one is working. It’s a gut feeling.”

And the feeling in Anderson’s gut is he’d like to be able to help his team more down this vital stretch, as the Rockets try to make their first NBA Finals since 1995.

“I just want to do my part the best I can,” Anderson said, “and do the best I can with the opportunities given.”

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

YET.

With an almost 30-point lead, if I were MDA, I would have told Jackson and Tarik, "Do not shoot under any circumstances. Ryno, JoJo and Luc need all shots."

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

So many dumbasses here still calling fir Anderson wtf!!!

Just STFU already! The Rox don't need 1 min of that hot garbage stinking up the court! Every single second of the match counts, you waste every time you put this sorry excuse for a shooter in. We judge people not on what they can do theoretically, but what they have actually done. Anderson has been sucking up since the playoffs, totally horrible every single second he is out there and you are telling MDA to play him? You want the Rox to lose or what?

Anderson needs to use some of that 20M to go see a shrink because he is scared and has no confidence out there on top of being a defensive liability. Until he gets his **** together he doesn't deserve to be on the court.

saleem and J.R. like this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Green is the correct answer.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The problem is that we don't have anyone left to unleash. Gerald can at
    the very least shoot the ball.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Still have a gut feeling he can get it going and cannot miss once he does. He's just one of the purest shooters with an unblockable form to his shot in the league once he gets going.